Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection, the region’s most storied property, established as the social hub of Aspen since its opening in 1889, will once again host gastronomic events and partnerships for its third annual Epicurean Passport Weekend. Providing guests and locals with insider access to exceptional culinary programming and unforgettable events happening at the resort from June 15-18, the weekend-long activations will take guests on the ultimate gastronomic journey, where culture and style merge seamlessly. From intimate lounges hosted by globally renowned vintners and mixologists, to curated multi-course dinners showcasing the culinary artistry of award-winning chefs, Hotel Jerome continues to put Aspen at the forefront of a global culinary discussion, offering epicurean enthusiasts and novices alike with a rare opportunity to indulge in transformative one of a kind experiences with the world’s best chefs, vintners and mixologists.
“We are thrilled to welcome some of the most innovative and iconic chefs, vintners, mixologists and fashion brands to our storied property,” says Patrick Davila, general manager of Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection. “Culinary and fashion are just some of the integral ingredients that fuse with our passion as hoteliers to be the best hosts and generate a truly unique experience for our guests. We could not be prouder to host these incredible celebrations year over year, and we are profoundly honored to witness Hotel Jerome at the epicenter of the epicurean world during this unforgettable weekend.”
The events, brought to life by elite event design partner and top planning agency Rafanelli Events, will begin with an extraordinary evening in partnership with Casa Del Sol Tequila. Guests will be immersed in a vibrant reception with live performances by Dance Aspen & DJ Jadab0o, delectable cuisine, and of course, the finest Tequila. Celebrating the rich tapestry of Latin American talent across the epicurean landscape, a chef’s dinner will follow with dishes curated by David Castro Hussong, partner and executive chef of Fauna, the famed restaurant in Bruma Winery in Valle de Guadalupe, Tomás Bermudez, executive chef of the iconic Mexico City restaurants La Docena as well as Top Chef alum Byron Gomez who serves as culinary co-host for the evening. The evening’s libations will feature extraordinary cocktails by Gaby Lozada and Eli Martinez (Brujas, Pujol) and exclusive wines from Mexico's viticultural regions, presented by Wero Cham from Vinos Boutique, highlighting vinters Lulú Martínez Ojeda of Bruma Vinicola and Melissa Garza of Viñas de Garza.
"It was only a matter of time before Hotel Jerome and Rafanelli Events formed a natural partnership, as both companies are renowned for their expertise in providing flawless, truly unique experiences. Hotel Jerome has a reputation for crafting one-of-a-kind, immersive offerings for its guests, and Rafanelli Events does the same for its clients,” says Bryan Rafanelli, founder and chief creative officer, Rafanelli Events. “We feel privileged to serve as the design partner for the Epicurean Passport Weekend at Hotel Jerome and are excited to be a part of this exceptional event.”
The celebrations continue the following evening as award-winning chef, author and television personality JJ Johnson and James Beard award-winning restaurateur and chef Nina Compton curate a multi-course chef’s dinner for the resort’s annual Black on Black event, celebrating Black luminaries across the food, spirits and wine landscape. The evening will be complemented by incredible wines and innovative mixology, featuring a roster of unparalleled talent including hosts Dlynn Proctor and Alicia Towns Franken of WineUnify, and Gary Obligacion of the famed Alinea Group and The Aviary with vintners Robin McBride and Andréa McBride John of McBride Sisters Wine Company, André Mack, Carmelo Anthony of VII(N) — The Seventh Estate, CJ McCollum of Heritage 91, Dwyane Wade of Wade Cellars, Artie Johnson of winexyz, Marvina Robinson of B. Stuyvesant Champagne, along with vintner, entrepreneur, multi Platinum recording artist Earl Stevens of E40, Branae Royale, and Donae Burston of La Fête Rosé. An after party hosted by Jackie Summers, the visionary founder of Jack From Brooklyn, Inc. and Sorel Liqueur, and the esteemed Tiffanie Barriere, renowned as “The Drinking Coach” at Bad Harriet. Together they will orchestrate an incredible journey through meticulously curated libations and unforgettable experiences.
Saturday’s events commence with The REUNION, a magnificent celebration featuring cuisine by award-winning chef and restaurateur Timothy Hollingsworth, known for his contemporary American restaurant Otium in Los Angeles. The evening kicks off with a Champagne hour at the Solarium, where guests will be treated to bites crafted by Chef Hollingsworth, accompanied by exquisite bottlings of La Grande Dame Rosé, Krug & Dom Pérignon. The evening’s menu will be expertly paired with a variety of wines hand selected by Master Sommelier Desmond Echavarrie of Scale Wine Group, Chris Hoel of Harper’s Club, Garth Hodgdon of Cage Imports rounding out the reunion of The French Laundry alumni. Vintner Rob Harrison of Fluent Wine Co., will be uncorking some of his exclusive Fluent Sauvignon Blanc. Following The REUNION, the night continues with the Bar Legends After Party in Bad Harriet, featuring Bar Icon Scott Baird in collaboration with MTV award winner and Grammy nominee Clemente Castillo spinning his legendary vinyl collection.
Celebrated for her signature cloaks, designer Lindsey Thornburg is partnering with Hotel Jerome, once again, to host a pop-up at the resort’s speakeasy, Bad Harriet. The chic collection will include summer items thoughtfully selected for Hotel Jerome and inspired by the destination.
Hotel Jerome is joining forces with bespoke boot brand Miron Crosby in collaboration with Vinarmour and Coravin to host an exclusive event for Epicurean Passport holders in the Miron Crosby Aspen studio, featuring a blind tasting of selectively curated wines and private shopping. Attendees will have the rare opportunity to taste wines that have been preserved for months and years, as they are guided through the tasting by a master sommelier.
Epicurean Passport holders will each receive a handcrafted wine tote by Vinarmour, filled with an exclusive curation of gifts from an array of luxury lifestyle partners including: Coravin, Lindsey Thornburg, Hotel Lobby Candle, Miron Crosby, and more.
Culture and style intertwine at Hotel Jerome’s Epicurean Passport Weekend, where culinary excellence, world-class libations, and captivating fashion converge to create an unforgettable experience, and every moment will be a testament to the indelible influence of artistry and refinement.
The highly anticipated lineup of events and experiences included in the Epicurean Passport:
- La Casa Del Sol Start the evening in the Garden with a reception co-hosted by Casa Del Sol Tequila and Hotel Jerome. Delectable botanas by Chef David Castro Hussong from Fauna, Chef Tomas Bermudez from La Docena, Chef Rodrigo Escalante from La Mantequeria and co-host Chef Byron Gomez. Joined by Wero Cham from Vinos Boutique presenting the best wines from Mexico's viticultural regions, cocktails by Gaby Lozada and Eli Martinez (Brujas, Pujol), music by DJ Jadab0o, and a performance by Dance Aspen.
- La Casa Del Sol Dinner in Prospect Menu by Chef David Castro Hussong from Fauna, Chef Tomas Bermudez from La Docena and Top Chef's Byron Gomez paired with reserve wines by Vinters Lulú Martínez Ojeda of Bruma Vinicola and Melissa Garza of Viñas de Garza.
- La Casa Del Sol After Party in Bad Harriet Cocktails by Bar mavens Gaby Lozada (Brujas) and Eli Martinez (Pujol) and music by DJ Jadab0o.
- Private Shopping + Blind Wine Tasting with Miron Crosby, hosted by Vinarmour & Coravin at Miron Crosby’s Aspen Studio.
- Staglin Family Vineyards Masterclass and Tasting with Shannon Staglin in Bad Harriet.
- Byron Gomez Garden Takeover Dinner at Hotel Jerome, celebrating Aspen and the Hospitality community at large.
- Black on Black v.II with Chefs JJ Johnson and Nina Compton, co-hosts DLynn Proctor, Alicia Towns Franken, Gary Obligacion and Patrick Davila presenting wines by Vintners Marvina Robinson, Robin + Andréa McBride, Dwyane Wade, CJ McCollum, ATF, Artie Johnson and André Mack as well as featuring wines by Branae Royale, Donae Burston and E40. Following dinner, the After Party continues at Bad Harriet with hosts Tiffanie Barriere of ‘The Drinking Coach,’ and Jackie Summers, founder of Jack From Brooklyn Inc., the first-known Black-owned distillery in America post-Prohibition, and the creator of the award-winning Sorel Liqueur.
- The REUNION Champagne Hour at the Solarium with bites by Chef Hollingsworth Sip on exquisite bottlings of La Grande Dame Rosé, Krug & Dom Pérignon.
- The REUNION Dinner in Prospect Menu by Chef Tim Hollingsworth from Otium LA and pairings selected by Master Sommelier Desmond Echavarrie from Scale Wine, Chris Hoel from Harper’s Club, Garth Hodgdon Cage Imports joined by Vintner Rob Harrison from Fluent Wine.
- Bar Legends After Party in Bad Harriet with Bar icon Scott Baird in collaboration with MTV award winner and Grammy nominee Clemente Castillo, who will be spinning his legendary vinyl collection throughout the evening.
Weekend Long Events:
- Petrossian Caviar Sky Terrace Revel in Aspen's best views while indulging with the world's best caviar and exquisite cocktails in partnership with Grey Goose, Boisson and Casa Dragones.
- The Hub at the Wheeler Room An intimate and private space where our Epicurean Passport holders can take respite while enjoying the company of the visiting Chefs, Vintners and Industry Icons to hear their stories and be a part of the conversation, hosted by Jena Domingue, wine executive, podcast host, and Founder of UrbanVino. Golden Goose will also be on-site customizing their iconic sneakers in the Hub.
- House of The Macallan Named the 2020 and 2021 hottest pop-up in London, this world trotting experience arrives in Aspen.
- The Solarium The gathering place where great company and great wine come together to toast to the adventures of the day and to welcome an evening of world-class culinary explorations.
- Lindsey Thornburg Pop-up at the top of Bad Harriet. Discover a curated selection of iconic Lindsey Thornburg designs inspired by Hotel Jerome and summer in Aspen.
Find more details on the Epicurean Passport and to check availability, please visit: aubergeresorts.com/hoteljerome/experiences/epicurean-passport/ Please note, this passport is only valid for Hotel Jerome programming, it is not affiliated with Aspen Food & Wine Classic.