Specialty outdoor retailer REI Co-op will open a new store in Bedford, New Hampshire in fall 2023. The location will offer a wide assortment of apparel, gear and expertise for camping, cycling, running, fitness, hiking, paddling, climbing, snow sports and more. For those who adventure on two wheels, a full-service bike shop will be staffed by certified mechanics. The store will also have a ski and snowboard shop with professional tuning, waxing and repairs.
“Our purpose at REI in the Northeast is to serve our members and customers, while connecting everyone to nature in a meaningful way,” said Sonny Russell, REI retail regional director in the Northeast. “The Bedford community has a deep love of the outdoors in all seasons, and we look forward to meeting each customer where they are in their journey. We couldn’t be more excited to open our newest store in the Market and Main shopping center.”
- Address: Market and Main; 125 S River Rd, Bedford, NH 03110
- Store Size: 22,000 square feet
- Special Features: Full-service bike shop and ski and snowboard shop, buy online-pick up in store, curbside pickup
- REI Co-op Membership: 78,900 members in New Hampshire, of which there are 3,400 members in Bedford and Manchester; 628,700 members in the Boston, Massachusetts DMA
- Closest REI Stores: Reading, Massachusetts (43 miles away, opened 1987); Cambridge, Massachusetts (51 miles away, opened 2021); Boston, Massachusetts (55 miles away, opened 2003); Framingham, Massachusetts (62 miles away, opened 1997); Hingham, Massachusetts (70 miles away, opened 2004); Westbrook, Maine (99 miles away, opened 2021); and North Conway, New Hampshire (102 miles away, opened 2019)
As the country’s largest consumer co-op, anyone is welcome to tap into REI’s expertise in support of an active lifestyle. Members who join the co-op enjoy a range of benefits, including a used gear trade-in program; discounts on experiences, rentals and shop services; a share of the co-op’s annual profits based on qualifying purchases; and more. In addition to discounts at the bike and ski shop, REI co-op members receive unlimited free machine waxes and free flat-tire repair (labor only).
REI actively partners with nonprofits across the nation to steward and maintain local trails and public lands to connect more people to the outdoors. Last year, the co-op invested $7.1 million in 450+ nonprofits across the country, including a total of $24,000 granted in New Hampshire to Granite Outdoor Alliance, Mount Washington Valley Adaptive Sports and Mount Washington Valley Trails Association.