Thanks to strong early snowfall and cold temperatures Mammoth Mountain is scheduled to open this Friday, 13th November - a day earlier than planned!
Having spent more than $1M on COVID-19-related improvements, Mammoth Mountain’s commitment to guest safety will be evident throughout the resort. The guest experience will also be elevated by several new restaurants and lodging options, including two new mobile shipping container eateries and a new luxury lodging property.
Getting to Mammoth Lakes will also be easier. The town of Mammoth Lakes announced a new private airline partner for this winter in Advanced Air. The public charter carrier allows air travellers to skip the terminal, making travel to Mammoth Lakes from several airports in Southern California easier and faster than ever before.
- Hillside Highlands Luxury Townhomes -- Luxury just steps away from the Village at Mammoth, the new Hillside Highlands Luxury Townhomes are now a part of the Mammoth Mountain Lodging Collection. Only a short two-minute walk to dining, shops and the Village Gondola, the top notch, three-bedroom townhomes are elegantly and efficiently appointed with all the modern amenities, including private hot tubs. All three units can be combined to offer over 9,000 sq. ft., 9 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms.
- Two new up-hill routes (now five total) -- Mammoth Mountain will offer two new up-hill ski routes this winter, adding to the three such trails already in place. Up-hill lift tickets ($29 for the day, $150 for the season) are required and provide skiers and split-boarders looking to earn their turns with a safe up-hill travel experience.
- 20/21 operating details -- Mammoth Mountain plans to prioritise access to the mountain for season pass holders. Resort visitation levels will be controlled to avoid overcrowding by tightly regulating the number of daily lift tickets sold, which will be available by advance purchase only. Walk-up sales of lift tickets will no longer be available. Face coverings are mandatory in base areas, in lift lines and on chairs.
- Skin Up Ski Tours -- For those looking to explore the Inyo National Forest surrounding Mammoth Lakes, the new Skin Up Ski Tour programme gets skiers and snowboarders safely into the Eastern Sierra backcountry with a wealth of knowledge and expertise. Skin Up Ski Tours is a subsidiary of Ground Up Climbing Guides.
- Contactless rental services -- Skiers and snowboarders have the option of reserving rental and demo gear and have it waiting for them in a sterilised locker in Main Lodge, Canyon Lodge or the Mountain Center in The Village. The option minimises wait times and reduces contact with other guests and staff. The locker is also yours for the duration of the rental, so there’s no need to haul gear around.
New Air Service
New Advanced Air service into Mammoth Lakes Airport-- New this year, Advanced Air will offer regional service to and from Burbank (BUR), Hawthorne (HHR) and Carlsbad (CLD) airports and guests can enjoy the convenience of a private experience at commercial airline costs. Advanced Air flights also have the advantage of being able to land in Bishop, Calif. (35 miles away) in the event of inclement weather in Mammoth Lakes.
○ BUR – flying four days a week (Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sun)
○ HHR – flying three days a week (Thurs, Fri, Sun)
○ CLD – flying four days a week (Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sun)
United Airlines continued service--United Airlines will offer service to and from Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO) and Denver (DEN) throughout the winter season
○ LAX – flying six days a week (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sun)
○ SFO – flying four days a week (Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sun)
○ DEN – flying four days a week (Mon, Fri, Sat, Sun)
Updates & New Around Town
- Yama Ramen -- A new traditional ramen restaurant in the Village boasting a full selection of top shelf japanese whiskies. Perfect for winter take-out and 53 Kitchen & Cocktails revamp -- 53 Kitchen & Cocktails has been reimagined as a casual sports bar eatery with multiple TVs, a full service bar, and order-at-the-counter dining options.
- Two new quick eateries --Two new custom shipping container style eateries will provide guests with grab-n-go options this season. Find these new quick eat spots at Main Lodge and adjacent to the Gondola terminal at Canyon Lodge. Both locations will offer snacks, beverages (alcoholic and non alcoholic), and hot, quick-serve food options including burgers and grilled cheese.
- Yosemite Axe Throwing--The popular axe throwing experience now has a new location in Mammoth Lakes. The perfect venue for birthday parties, team building, or even date nights. Axe throwing is an unforgettable, safe experience. Ages 8 and up are welcome to come throw.
- The Empeiria High Sierra Hotel -- Formerly the Best Western, the Empeiria High Sierra Hotel has undergone renovations to both guest rooms and common areas.