Snowbird is pleased to announce the 50th Anniversary Oktoberfest will run on weekends and holidays, August 13 - October 16, 2022, from noon to 6 pm. “We’re excited to carry on the Oktoberfest tradition and commemorate its 50th anniversary,” said Snowbird President and General Manager Dave Fields.
“Since 1972, Snowbird has welcomed families to the mountains for traditional Oktoberfest fare and fun and we’re thrilled to do it again with even more activities to enjoy.”
Each weekend and holiday during Oktoberfest will feature free family-friendly options like face painting, street performers, Bavarian fare and 50th Anniversary merchandise that includes a limited edition imported German liter stein with a 50th Anniversary logo design.
This year, the festival will feature new activities and new operational guidelines to make for an easier and more relaxing experience, such as:
- Snowbird’s new Blue Tram cabin will ferry guests to 11,000 ft with one-of-a-kind in-ground viewing panels and floor-to-ceiling windows offering a completely new experience. The original Red Tram, it is not open for guests. The old controls do not operate with the new system, so it will only serve as a counterweight to the Blue Tram. This is only temporary, as Doppelmayr has committed to having the replacement Red Tram cabin installed and operational in time for the start of the winter season. For now, enjoy the floor-to-ceiling views from the next generation of the Snowbird Tram and for this summer only, a mix of old and new.
- The ZipWhipper combines the fun of a rock-climbing wall with the thrill of a free fall experience.
- Snowbird is moving to a cashless payment system. All major credit and debit cards will be accepted, and reverse ATMs will be available throughout the resort to exchange cash for a debit card.
Oktoberfest lodging packages run Saturdays and Sundays plus Labor Day, lodging packages are available through out the course of the event.
- Special Alphorn Group Performance, August 13. Over 30 Alphorns will gather at Chickadee Stage for a one-of-a-kind performance.
- Grand Oktoberfest Weekend, September 3 - 5. Grand Oktoberfest Weekend, spanning Labor Day weekend, pays tribute to the original Oktoberfest and celebration of The Grand Entry of the Breweries in Munich, Germany. Snowbird’s procession will end at the Oktoberfest Halle stage featuring a parade of musicians and dancers, as well as a celebratory keg tapping.
- Live Music. Oktoberfest Halle, daily from noon – 6 pm. Embrace Bavarian culture with classic, upbeat polka music and dancing inside the Oktoberfest Halle.
- Chickadee Stage, daily from 2 – 5 pm. Every day at Oktoberfest is a celebration with live music from lively local musicians at the Chickadee Stage, weather permitting.