On Sunday (July 31st), the popular Almlammfest will take place for the 13th time in the Styrian region of Schladming-Dachstein at the foot of the Hauser Kaibling. The highlight of the event is the entry of around 400 sheep into the festival area in Haus im Ennstal. The flock of sheep, which has spent the last few months on the alpine pastures and meadows of the Hauser Kaibling, is led by the experienced shepherds Christina Ziegerhofer and Manuela Gessl. Guests can expect a comprehensive program on the subject of sheep, with free entry. Young visitors can look forward to a fun children's program with pony rides, petting sheep, face painting, handicrafts and a bouncy castle.
Local exhibitors present a wide variety of sheep products throughout the day. At lunchtime, culinary delicacies based on Ennstal lamb are served. Visitors to the Almlammfest can also enjoy delicacies from the Ennstal farmers throughout the day. The Ennstal sheep were born in the region and are raised on alpine pastures with fresh grass and herbs throughout the summer. High-quality and regional lamb specialties are also available from the certified Schladming-Dachstein pleasure partners. More than 50 Genusspartner companies undergo regular quality and origin controls of the AMA Genuss Region.
More information at: www.schladming-dachstein.at/ almlammfest / www.schladming-dachstein.at/ Genusspartner
One of the highlights of the summer business at Hauser Kaibling is the Styrian Almlammfest, which takes place on July 31 for the 13th time. The arrival of the shepherdess with herding dog and flock of sheep, live music, culinary delicacies "all about sheep", local exhibitors with their sheep products, a great children's program and much more. make this day an experience for the whole family. ADMISSION FREE!
PROGRAM (subject to change)
- 9:30 a.m.: Liturgy of the Word
- 10.00 a.m.: Opening and welcome
- 10.30 a.m.: Morning pint with the "Marktmusikkapelle Haus"
- 11.00 a.m.: Entry of the shepherdess with her flock
- 12:00 p.m.: Culinary presentation
- 1 p.m.: Musical entertainment with "Wetterloch Blos"
- 4.30 p.m.: Drawing of the main prizes
- 5 p.m.: Good mood with "Wetterloch Blos"
EXTENSIVE SOCIAL PROGRAM (all day)
- Entry shepherdess with herding dog and her flock of sheep
- Exhibitors all about sheep and sheep products
- Best cuisine around the "Ennstal lamb"
- Presentation of various Styrian wines
- And much more . . .
CHILDREN PROGRAM (all day)
- Bouncy castle, pony rides, handicrafts & face painting
- The event takes place in any weather!
SUMMER EXPERIENCES at Hauser Kaibling
The three summer cable cars 8-seater gondola, 4-seater chairlift Quattralpina and Tauern cable car take you directly to 1,870 meters above sea level. Many attractions on the mountain are waiting for you: petting zoo, water zorbing, sheep via ferrata, Schafsinn barefoot path, playgrounds, wonderful hiking and e-bike tours and much more.
ALL INFORMATION about the summer mountain experience and all offers on the Hauser Kaibling can be found HERE .