Winter 2022/23 in Sälen offers many exciting new facilities, including a new button lift and new children's area in Lindvallen, new cross-country trails on the mountain, improved snow access and new, improved lighting.
"I’m incredibly proud that we’ve managed to provide so many new, improved facilities this winter, thanks, not least, to the major investment in improving snow production with a new water reservoir in Hundfjället and a larger number of more efficient snow systems. We’re finally able to ensure good snow on more of our slopes, so our guests can enjoy everything we have to offer and have an even more memorable mountain experience in Sälen, Northern Europe's largest alpine ski area," says Tomas Berg, Destination Manager for SkiStar Sälen.
A round-up of improvements at the SkiStar Sälen ski area and new products:
-A large water reservoir has been built in the Väggen valley in Hundfjället. It will increase the water supply for snow cannons, so they can run more snow cannons at the same time, while reducing the impact on the rivers that supply water. This will triple the snow production capacity in the ski area in the long term.
-Lindvallen, Sälen is getting a new button lift and a children's area at Timmerbyn, which will provide better ski-in ski-out facilities for all cabins in the area
-The snow systems are being reinforced with more snow cannons in several places to ensure that more ski areas can open earlier:
- Trollbäcktorget in Hundfjället, both on Slope 22 and on the square itself
- The ski trail from the top of the West Express down to the Trollskogen enchanted forest
- The transport lifts between Hundfjället and Tandådalen
- Slope 1 in Tandådalen will have snow cannons so guests can ski to and from the car park easily
- Gustavbacken 29 in Lindvallen will be equipped with new fan cannons with better range and a wider angle, to allow them to open the full width of Gustavbacken at the start of the season
- Ski trails between Experiumtorget and Söderåstorget will have a snow system, providing better ski-in ski-out facilities in the area
- They’re providing a new system to ensure snow at Lift L27 and Slope 39 at Sälfjällstorget in Lindvallen, which previously had only natural snow.
- They’re continuing to replace old lighting in our ski area with LED lighting, which is an important part of the energy efficiency drive.
- New lighting from Experiumtorget to Söderåstorget, to provide comfortable ski-in ski-out access until 6 pm for guests staying in Söderåsen, Timmerby Village or Timmerbyn.
-New mountain cross-country ski trails in Lindvallen from week seven: Buy single tickets to take the lifts up and down for easy access to the trails. Exact routes and trails under development. The latest news will be available in the SkiStar app.
-SkiStar XC Arena: Development of cross-country skiing to allow even earlier opening. The plan is to build more snow depots so snow can be distributed easily on cross-country ski trails in Lindvallen.
Several new air routes to Scandinavian Mountains Airport:
This winter, there will be a total of eight direct routes to the airport: three domestic routes in Sweden, one from Germany, two from the Netherlands and two from Denmark:
-Copenhagen and Aalborg with SAS (22 December - 12 March)
-Groningen BBI Travel and Amsterdam BBI Travel
-Lübeck with Lübeck Air (28 January - 8 April)
-Bromma and Ängelholm with BRA (22 December - 10 April)
-Malmö with BRA (6 January - 10 April)
More info: https://www.skistar.com/en/ski-destinations/salen/winter-in-salen/travelling-here/?fo=100501
The SkiStarshop Concept Store has moved to new premises:
The SkiStarshop Concept Store has moved from Sälfjällstorget to completely new premises in the Lindvallen shopping area. The new location also gives guests better direct access to the XC arena in winter.