Kühtai presents itself as a real winter wonderland. Only about 30 minutes from Innsbruck, the ski season starts on November 27th thanks to the altitude. With even more space for fun on the slopes and a brand new chairlift.
In the Ski Resort Kühtai at 2,020 meters above sea level, the slopes are in front of the hotel door. As the highest ski world cup location in Austria, the resort invites its guests to start the winter on November 27th. Guaranteed snow until mid-April makes the pleasant, manageable ski area the perfect holiday destination.
12 cable cars open up the wide slopes of Kühtai. All winter sports enthusiasts will get their money's worth on the 48 kilometers of slopes - easy runs for families, medium and difficult runs for pleasure-oriented as well as sporty, ambitious ski fans are available. In addition to an 8-seater gondola, there are chairlifts and drag lifts, the slopes of which almost all lead directly into the valley: You don't know any bottlenecks on valley runs or the like in Kühtai. Brand new this winter: the 6-seater GaisKogel chairlift, which replaces a drag lift and takes guests extremely comfortably to heated seats at over 2,300 meters above sea level in just four minutes. The expanse of the “Skihochtal” makes it possible to start skiing directly from the hotel. Four valley stations are also equipped with cash registers: Standing in line? Nothing.
Holiday guests particularly benefit from the many accesses to the ski area, because in Kühtai the motto is ski in - ski out: the car stops on vacation, because from every hotel it is only a few steps to the lift access or directly to the slopes.
All those who are vacationing in Kühtai at the start of the season save money when skiing: between 27.11.2020 and 18.12.2020 you get a free ski pass for the entire stay if you stay 3 nights or more (information about the participating companies: www.innsbruck.info/ skifree). Another plus: thanks to the ski network, the free ski passes are also valid in the neighboring Hochoetz ski area (season start on December 5th, 2020), which can be reached with the ski bus from Kühtai in no time. A total of 88 kilometers of slopes and 25 mountain railways are available.
In Kühtai, however, not only piste skiers get their money's worth: Fantastic deep snow slopes are just as much on the program as a very special offer for those who prefer to be “freestyle”: The KPark will again this winter with a freestyle area, SnowCross and SuperPipe built. For children and all those who want to try their hand at the fun park for the first time, there is again a large KidsPark.
Even those who prefer to experience winter on narrow boards are in the right place in Kühtai - both classic and skating trails are inviting. Winter hiking trails and a toboggan run complete the winter wonderland.
Always in Kühtai: Safety First
Safety always comes first in Kühtai. All official requirements regarding Covid-19 for a safe skiing winter are met and implemented in such a way that guests can enjoy relaxed skiing even in this exceptional winter. That means among other things:
- MNS is mandatory in waiting areas and during the gondola or lift ride. Tube scarves are also suitable for this - an accessory that almost every skier has with them as weather protection. Tube scarves are also available at the cash registers at a price of € 2.
- Of course, the observance of distance rules is observed, all processes are optimized accordingly.
- Most of the transport in Kühtai takes place via chairlifts or drag lifts, and the only gondola lift guarantees a constant supply of fresh air. In addition, all "travel times" of the railways are max. 10 mins.
- Hand disinfectant dispensers are not only available in all toilet facilities, but also in all cash registers.
- The employees of the mountain railways wear mouth and nose protection wherever the minimum distance cannot be guaranteed.
- All valid guidelines for gastronomy are observed in the ski huts and in the restaurants.
- All current information can be found at: www.kuehtai.info/ sich-skifahren