Just weeks after putting flights on sale to seven top ski destinations for Winter 21/22, Jet2.com has announced even more great news for skiers, after extra flights to its popular ski programme in response to very strong demand.
- Thousands more ski seats added for February half-term and ski seasons extended from Birmingham, Manchester, London Stansted and Bristol Airports in response to huge demand
- Comes as more customers respond well to the return of the airline’s popular ski programme and look to secure their place on the slopes for this coming winter
After a winter away from Europe’s ski resorts, Jet2.com is seeing high demand for its ski flights for Winter 21/22 from skiers and snowboarders looking to hit the best and most popular slopes in the French, Swiss and Austrian Alps.
In response to this huge demand, the company has added more ski flights to Grenoble, Geneva, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Chambery for the February half-term, as well as extending the ski seasons to some of these destinations. This gives skiers and snowboarders even more choice and flexibility when it comes to sloping off to the snow this coming winter.
Customers travelling from Birmingham, Manchester and London Stansted Airports will be able to enjoy additional flights during the February half-term, as well as extended ski seasons for Winter 21/22. On top of this, snow sport fans in the South West will benefit from an earlier start to the ski season to Chambery from the company’s new base, Bristol Airport.
The additional ski flights on sale from today by base are as follows:
- Birmingham – additional February half-term flights to Grenoble, Geneva and Salzburg thanks to extra services to each destination. Earlier start to the ski season to Geneva and Innsbruck with the addition of an extra service to these two popular ski destinations in December.
- Manchester – six further flights to Grenoble for February half-term, extra Sunday service to Innsbruck from 27th March to 10th April and extended seasons to Chambery (extra service in December) and Geneva (extra service in December).
- London Stansted – extra services to Grenoble and Geneva in February half-term, as well as three extra half-term services to Salzburg. On top of that there are extra services to Geneva in December.
- Bristol – earlier start to the ski season to new Winter 21/22 ski destination, Chambery, with services now starting earlier (14th December).
News of these additional flights and season extensions comes just weeks after the company put its ski programme on sale for Winter 21/22 and announced Chambery as a new ski destination.
Thanks to the addition of Chambery to its programme, Jet2.com will operate ski flights to seven destinations this coming winter, with skiers also able to enjoy the best and most popular slopes in Geneva, Grenoble, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Turin and Barcelona (Andorra).
The company’s Winter 21/22 ski programme also includes seven other new ski routes - Geneva from Newcastle and Glasgow, Innsbruck from Bristol and Edinburgh, Grenoble from Bristol and Salzburg from Bristol and Newcastle. The launch of the new routes to Innsbruck from Bristol and Edinburgh and an additional service from Manchester means the airline has doubled its programme to this popular Austrian ski destination for Winter 21/22.
Jet2.com’s full ski programme for Winter 21/22 is as follows:
- Geneva – ski flights on sale from eight UK bases (Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted and Manchester) as well brand-new routes from Newcastle and Glasgow. Geneva offers ski enthusiasts some of the very best ski resorts including Tignes, Flaine, Verbier, Zermatt and the Three Valleys.
- Salzburg – ski flights on sale from nine UK bases (Belfast International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted and Manchester) as well as a brand-new routes from Newcastle and Bristol. Salzburg opens-up the best of the Austrian Alps and over 300 resorts including Kaprun, Mayrhofen and Obertauern to skiers.
- Grenoble – the host of the 1968 Winter Olympics, Grenoble offers the perfect gateway to the French Alps, with over 175 incredible ski resorts nearby including Morzine, Chamonix, Chamrousse, Les Deux Alpes, Alpe d’Huez and Avoriaz. On sale from Birmingham, Bristol (new route), London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Turin - the legacy of Turin’s 2006 Winter Olympics means that skiers can enjoy speedy transfers to well-established skiing resorts such as Pila, Vars, Le Corbier and Val d’Isere. With 400km of piste at the Milky Way area alongside the stunning mountainous backdrop of the Monterosa network, there is plenty to go at with services available from Birmingham, Edinburgh and Manchester.
- Innsbruck – programme doubled in size for W21/22 with skiers and snowboarders able to access the Tyrolean capital from Birmingham, Bristol (new route), Edinburgh (new route), London Stansted and Manchester (new Sunday service). Innsbruck hosted the 1964 Winter Olympics and resorts such as Igls, Alpbach and St Anton am Arlberg make it a firm favourite with skiers and snow sports fans year in year out.
- Chambery – new services to Chambery for Winter 21/22 from Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted and Manchester offers quick and easy access to world-famous ski resorts in France, including the Three Valleys
- Barcelona (Andorra) – with ski flights on sale from Manchester, Birmingham and Leeds Bradford, skiers and snowboarders can access the Andorra and the Pyrenees which host some of Europe’s best ski resorts including Grandvalira, La Molina, Pal-Arinsal and the mega-resort of Soldeu El Tarter.
Booking and travelling on ski flights with Jet2.com means customers get to enjoy VIP customer service which has seen the UK’s third largest airline win numerous awards and accolades, as well as 10kg hand luggage and 22kg baggage* and 22kg ski carriage*.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “We know how much skiers and snowboarders missed the slopes in Winter 20/21, so it is no surprise that snow sports fans are responding well to the launch of our new programme for Winter 21/22 and that there is huge demand for our ski flights.
“As always, we have responded to that demand by adding additional flights and extending the ski seasons from Birmingham, Manchester and London Stansted Airports, in addition to an earlier start to the season to Chambery from new base, Bristol Airport. With many missing out on a trip to Europe’s best ski resorts last year, we expected that the return of our ski programme would be a huge hit with snow sports enthusiasts looking to secure their place on the slopes and we have no doubt these new flights will be just as popular.”
Ski destinations by base for Winter 21/22:
- Belfast International – Salzburg
- Birmingham – Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Turin and Barcelona (Andorra)
- Bristol – Chambery, Grenoble, Innsbruck and Salzburg
- East Midlands – Geneva and Salzburg
- Edinburgh – Geneva, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Turin
- Glasgow – Geneva
- Leeds Bradford – Chambery, Geneva, Salzburg and Barcelona (Andorra)
- London Stansted – Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Innsbruck and Salzburg
- Manchester – Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Turin and Barcelona (Andorra)
- Newcastle – Geneva, Grenoble and Salzburg