Gravity Haus, the Colorado-based social club for the modern adventurer, has acquired a fifth property (the fourth hotel location in Colorado) with the purchase of the The Ptarmigan Inn and will expand its membership offering in Steamboat Springs, CO. Located steps from the base of Steamboat Ski Area and the Steamboat Gondola, just 35 minutes from the Yampa Valley Regional Airport (HDN) and three hours from Denver, the new outpost in Ski Town, U.S.A. expands the member benefits offered to the growing community of more than 4,000 members. Gravity Haus closed on the purchase of The Ptarmigan Inn on Thursday September 15, 2022.
Gravity Haus is a social club that enables a modern active lifestyle—the seamless merging of work, play and outdoor adventures. Gravity Haus members envision the planet as a playground that fuels amazing experiences, personal growth, and connection with like-minded adventurers. Gravity Haus elevates the outdoor lifestyle for a community that shares a love of nature, sustainability, and stewardship for the planet. Gravity Haus is changing how members live, work and travel sustainably with outposts in Breckenridge, Denver, Vail and Winter Park, Colorado and Truckee-Tahoe, California.
The Ptarmigan leadership team will continue leading the hotel operations. Existing reservations will be honored. Overnight stays at The Ptarmigan Inn are available for Gravity Haus members and non-members and can be booked at www.theptarmigan.com.
“In less than 3 years years we have grown our membership to more than 4,000 strong as we now strengthen our footprint in Colorado by adding a new membership outpost in Steamboat Springs,” explains Gravity Haus CEO Jim Deters. “Not only is Gravity Haus reinventing how people live and work by enabling an active and healthy lifestyle, we are defining a new model of hospitality based upon inclusivity, community and conscious consumerism.” Deters adds, “We have built a subscription-based membership solution for where to stay, and also what to do with a like-minded community of adventurers, and we provide easy access to the best gear at members’ finger-tips.”
Conceptualized by Denver-based entrepreneur Jim Deters and his wife Alicia Deters, Gravity Haus membership offers an unrivaled experience and authentic mountain lifestyle by seamlessly fusing work, play, travel and sustainability through a host of tech-forward yet thoughtful ‘Haus’ brands. Guided by the fundamental pillars: Good for you. Good for the planet. An amazing experience. Gravity Haus’ adventure-focused locations solve the problems of “where to play” and “where to stay,” by offering members substantial hotel savings, on-demand outdoor gear access, functional co-working spaces, innovative restaurant concepts, home bases to meet like-minded outdoor enthusiasts + community events, amenities, and a variety of expert-led group fitness and recovery programs; all accessed by Gravity Haus members and hotel guests using the easy-to-use Gravity Haus Mobile App.
“We have created a key connection from the Denver-metro area to our three existing world-class resort destinations in Breckenridge, Winter Park, and Vail,” said Jim Deters, founder and CEO of Gravity Haus.
“Feedback from our members and guests made it clear that a new outpost at the base of Steamboat Ski Area would be incredibly popular for our existing membership as well as new members with IKON passes looking for maximum ease and convenience in Steamboat, Winter Park, Summit County, Colorado as well as Truckee-Tahoe, California.”
In addition to the branded Gravity Haus locations, members also have access to the Cedar House Sport Hotel (to be rebranded Gravity Haus Truckee-Tahoe in November 2022), discounts on camper van rentals with Dave + Matt Vans, as well as partner hotel benefits in Telluride, Silverton, and Denver, Colorado; Moab, Utah; and Nosara, Costa Rica.
Benefits for Gravity Haus Members
While The Ptarmigan Inn will undergo a light refresh before relaunching as Gravity Haus Steamboat in November 2022, Gravity Haus members will begin to receive benefits immediately, when booking on the Gravity Haus app:
- 50% off room nights Sunday-Wednesday
- 25% off room nights Thursday-Saturday
- 15% off room nights over holidays
- 25% off food + beverage orders before 3pm
- Day Access to the pool, hot tub and men’s and women’s changing rooms.
- Co-working: post up for few hours at a time to unwind, socialize, check emails, and work in a casual environment steps from the base of the Steamboat Gondola.
The Plan for Gravity Haus Steamboat
As the Gravity Haus community grows in Steamboat Springs, Gravity Haus Steamboat will become a “center of gravity” for the local and regional membership. Gravity Haus intends to invest in a larger property improvement plan during spring/summer 2023, in order to add
- A signature dining experience with a mountain-casual atmosphere, bar, and a focus on local purveyors, healthy and sustainably-sourced ingredients.
- Unravel Coffee // www.unravel.coffee: at Unravel, we believe nothing’s better than a great cup of coffee — except for a sustainable one. We’re on a mission to use coffee as a force for good, bringing people together and empowering our partner farms and communities. We co-produce and import some of the world’s best coffee straight from farms in Ethiopia and roast signature taste profiles with our zero emission BellwetherⓇ roaster.
- StarterHaus // www.starterhaus.com: modern co-working space, hot desks and meeting space to create and inspire alongside local and roving entrepreneurs, hold conference calls between outdoor adventures, and attend ongoing skill building and social programming.
- Dryland Fitness // www.dryland.fitness: the Gravity Haus fitness community that makes every mile, summit, and moment outdoors possible through an intentional focus on expert-led functional group fitness classes, flexibility + mobility, and recovery. It’s the manual and means to live your best life outdoors — and the community to adventure with.
- Gravity Haus member experiences + networking: events, and meet-ups focused on adventure, community development and personal growth.
Gravity Haus offers three(3) membership levels, starting at just $100/month for 12 months; including a new Steamboat Local Membership (at Founder’s Pricing) for members looking for unlimited day access to the local amenities. Learn more: www.gravityhaus.com/membership.