Snowbird has announced a new In-Season COVID-19 Coverage as part of its Passholder Promise. The Snowbird Passholder Promise launched earlier to address the impact of COVID-19 on the 2019/20 season and provide assurances for the 2020/21 season. The Passholder Promise's new In-Season COVID-19 Coverage will provide qualifying Snowbird season passholders with a pro-rated credit for future use on a Snowbird season pass should there be a COVID-19-related prolonged closure of 30 total days or more, or a continuous closure of seven or more days between December 11, 2020 and May 9, 2021.
"This is such a dynamic situation and while no one can predict what will happen we want to provide Snowbird guests with coverage so that they can look ahead to next winter with confidence and excitement," says Dave Fields, Snowbird President and General Manager. "We created the Passholder Promise to build confidence in the future and retain the trust and loyalty of our guests. The In-Season COVID-19 Coverage is meant to provide passholders with the greatest level of confidence possible."
If the minimum threshold of Snowbird being closed because of COVID-19 for 30 days or more, or there is a seven or more consecutive day COVID-19-related closure between December 11, 2020 and May 9, 2021 is met, season passholders will automatically receive a credit for future use will be emailed between May 10 and May 31, 2020.
All 2020/21 Snowbird season passholders are automatically covered by the Snowbird Passholder Promise and the new In-Season COVID-19 Coverage. The details of how an In-Season COVID-19 closure will be treated for Alta-Bird passholders will be released jointly by Snowbird and Alta at a later date.
Snowbird Passholder Promise In-Season COVID-19 Coverage and renewal credit details include:
- (NEW!) In-Season 2020-21 COVID-19 Coverage. Qualifying passholders will receive a future use credit if Snowbird is closed because of COVID-19 for 30 days or more, or if there is a 7 or more consecutive day COVID-19-related closure between December 11, 2020 and May 9, 2021.
- Renewal Credit. All qualifying 2019/20 season passholders will receive renewal credit toward a 2020/21 season pass.
- Refund available. Snowbird will issue a full refund before December 1, 2020, for any passholder who has not used their 2020/21 pass and desires a refund for any reason.
- Pricing extension. Best pricing on 2020/21 season passes has been extended through July 31, 2020.
- Flexible payment plan. A new payment plan was created for ease and flexibility.
Full Terms and Conditions can be found at snowbird.com/season-pass-terms-conditions.
For media information, contact Snowbird Communications Manager, Brian Brown, at email@example.com or 801-891-3496.