Serre Chevalier - Ready For Winter
Serre Chevalier is ready for winter 22-23 with new attractions and a committment to the environment
- New Cristal Lodge Residence - Terrésens Hôtels & Résidences in Chantemerle. Located 350m from the slopes, this new condominium (26 apartments from one to four rooms plus a hotel wing with 20 rooms) is ideally situated, and also enjoys a well-being space (massage, hammam, sauna, jacuzzi), a children's games room, a tapas bar and a large underground garage (opened summer 2022).
- Six new apartments in the Hotel Le Monêtier **** i Monêtier les Bains. The Hotel Le Monêtier 4**** is being extended to add 6 apartments (1 one-bedroom, 3 two-bedroom and 2 four-bedroom) in a completely new residence, located less than a hundred metres from the main hotel. With their traditional chalet style and their amazing view of the summits, the apartments, mostly equipped with a private balcony, offer an ideal living space for families or friends seeking the open air. As they are separate from the hotel, the apartments remain perfectly intimate, whilst offering all hotel services: concierge, restaurant with its terrasse with breath-taking views, breakfasts... (opened late summer 2022).
- Seventeen newly refurbished Apartment hotels at the Alliey Hotel in Monêtier les Bains. The Alliey Hotel is changing with the new concept of Apartment hotels, which have been totally refurbished: 17 apartments (for 2 to 6 persons in studio or duplex apartments, with balcony), 1 charming chalet «Les Clochettes» (185m² for 6 to 8 persons), a 300m² spa/baths/pool/hammam area with 3 massage and treatment cabins are new too. A la carte concierge and hotel services. The reception-bar-breakfast area will open in December 2022, and the wine bar will be open to all for drinks, with its all-round open fire in a cosy, intimate atmosphere.
- Renovation of the Beau Refuge du Galibier. From February to mid-April, you will be able to spend the night up in the Beau Refuge du Galibier, which you can reach after a climb on snowshoes or ski-touring skis up to the mythical Col du Galibier, which is closed to traffic during the winter. Nestled at 2556m in altitude, the 3 rooms for 4 persons promise you will wake up to breath-taking views in the heart of a natural setting. ➔ Green news. The large quantities of snow which fall during the winter at the summit of the Galibier pass are recuperated in a large pool as it melts, so that it can be connected to the water system and used for sanitation. What's more, the refuge is heated by a pellet stove and uses dry toilets during the summer.
- A new sauna at Les Grand Bains du Monêtier in Monetier les Bains. A new “discovery” sauna at 70° C was installed this summer in Les Grands Bains, between the Roman trilogy and the Amphora pool. « France Tourisme Ingénierie » has selected the village and the Grands Bains and will assist in the preparation of a plan to refurbish the Rotonde and the Roman-Irish baths (located on the first floor) to satisfy demand for a more peaceful zone and to diversify the activities offered by Les Grands Bains. These changes will begin in 2023/2024 depending on funding. ➔ Green news. A second heat pump, smaller than the original one, will be put into use this autumn. The new pump will save energy by adapting to slow periods of activity in the establishment. Other work on the technical side will allow for the separation of the different baths thus improving energy efficiency and the quality of the waters. In addition, the new pump will permit the recovery of heat from the Grands Bains to warmmunicipal heating circuits, firstly in the Pré Chabert zone, and further as from winter 2023/2024.
- New snowshoe excursion and fondue in a wigwam in Monêtier les Bains. After a climb of about half an hour on snowshoes accompanied by an instructor from the ESF ski school in Monêtier, the dome-shaped wigwam will welcome hikers of all ages around a friendly fondue by an open fire. A fun outing for all the family, combining the outdoors and good food!
- Opening of Le Champ du Vagabond restaurant∫
- La Marotte reinvented in La Salle les Alpes. For over 40 years, La Marotte has been serving its cuisine in a charming little traditional blue house. This year, a new team takes over this local institution, to offer simple, humble, tasty family cooking. ➔ Green news. In the 800m² garden adjacent to the restaurant, the chef grows herbs, fruits and vegetables using permaculture techniques and biodynamics. Fresh produce from local organic growers are used to complete La Marotte's recipes, aiming for zero waste.
- Visits of La Distillerie des 4 Frèresin La Salle les Alpes. The distillery Les 4 Frères in La Salle les Alpes is a family-run business, with plenty of know-how. The liqueurs and other drinks made by the distillery use Hautes-Alpes fruit and plants, some of which are endemic to Serre Chevalier valley.➔ Green news. This winter, the four brothers offer tours of the distillery in La Salle les Alpes. You can discover the skills of the «Bouilleurs de Cru» distillers and their incredible 1921 alembic still.
- A new picnic area on the ski area. The new 160m² picnic area on Grand Alpe at 2191m in altitude at the foot of the zip line and overlooking the village of Saint Chaffrey/Chantemerle with views of the summit of Le Prorel, the Granon pass and Serre Chevalier valley, comes in addition to the existing Prorel and Valons area, and will also be equipped with planchas, tables and deckchairs.