Black Diamond nnounced its new performance footwear collection, debuting at the Outdoor Retailer Summer Market, June 18-20, 2019, in Denver, Colorado.
“Black Diamond’s spring 2020 performance footwear collection is an obvious extension of our climbing shoe line,” states Derek Gustafson, Black Diamond Equipment’s footwear category director. “With every new product that we bring to the market, our intention is to make it faster, lighter or stronger. For performance footwear, specifically technical and lifestyle categories, we feel there is a gap in the market and an opportunity for new technology.”
Black Diamond Equipment’s new footwear lineup consists of technical performance and performance lifestyle models that offer precision edging, a compression fit, as well as unparalleled comfort and innovative style. Three purpose-built lasts are incorporated across the collection with feature sets engineered for speed approaches, climbing and gym sessions.
Black Diamond Equipment will complement its performance footwear launch with a balance of climbing and mountain equipment, including new CAMALOT® brand belay breaks, an ultra-light harness, redesigned carabiner/quickdraw line, trail packs, trekking poles, rechargeable lights and climbing helmets. In its apparel category, Black Diamond Equipment will add a second denim collection and a three-season alpine stretch shell that outperforms the competition in terms of waterproofing and breathability performance at half the price.
Clarus President John Walbrecht commented: “Black Diamond Equipment’s spring 2020 collection includes more than 130 new products across our climb, mountain, footwear and apparel product categories. This supports our product innovation strategy to bring to market the most unique products to the outdoor industry, connecting our consumers to their best days on the mountain.”
Additional product highlights from Black Diamond Equipment’s spring 2020 collection include:
- Crag Denim – Represents an expansion of Black Diamond Equipment’s denim program and is currently its quickest growing apparel category. Building on the success of its spring 2019 Forged™ Denim program, Crag Denim is a new style incorporating functional stretch cotton at a price point that is competitive in the active outdoor marketplace.
- Rechargeable Lights – Four new rechargeable headlamps will highlight the season including: Sprint225 (lumens), Sprinter275, ReVolt350 and Icon700. Additionally, Black Diamond Equipment will offer the BD 1800 rechargeable battery pack for its hybrid lighting options and a rechargeable lantern.
- Vision Helmet – Black Diamond Equipment’s most durable foam helmet to date along with a MIPS Brain Protection System, offering multidirectional impact protection.
- Camalot Z4s – New CAMALOT brand belay breaks (both regular and offset versions) featuring patent-pending technology where cams are rigid to place then flexible to reduce walking. Larger models feature dual twisted cable construction for uniform flex. Other highlights include a narrow 4-lobed head and sandblasted lobes for better bite
- Distance Carbon – An incredibly lightweight mountain running pole at 95-grams per single pole.
- Trail Packs – Three new series of trail packs including 14, 16, 18L volumes plus a 4L hydration vest with an innovative on-the-run Z-Pole storage solution.
- Highline Stretch Shell – Black Diamond Equipment’s premium, three-season alpine shell featuring a 3L BD.Dry™ laminate with 2-way stretch and PFC-Free DWR for superior performance by Green Theme Technology.
- Carabiners & Quickdraws – A complete redesign of Black Diamond Equipment’s entire carabiner and quickdraw collection updating colors, shapes, lighter weights, optimized noses and deeper baskets for easier clipping.
- airNET Harness – Built for the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics and designed in collaboration with Black Diamond Equipment athlete Adam Ondra.
Black Diamond Equipment’s spring 2020 collection, along with the launch of its new performance footwear line, will be on display at booth #37055-UL at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market, June 18-20, 2019, in Denver, Colorado, and at booth #A6-430 in Munich, Germany, at OutDoor by ISPO, June 30-July 3, 2019.