The Warren Smith Ski Academy is pleased to announce the return of the SKI TECHNIQUE LAB TOUR, this autumn.
- Live ski academy tour returns to 15 venues across Scotland and England
- Starts on October 6 in Inverness and ends October 27 in London
- NEW plyometric and ski specific exercises introduced after trials during the ‘Covid’ winter
- Proven ‘6 Way Foundation Tests' remain in the program, now in its 6th year
- Learn ‘Ski Technique Hacks’ to develop strength before lessons and help reduce risk of injury
Formulated over 20 years by working with thousands of skiers, the Warren Smith Ski Academy team brings GAIT Analysis to skiing technique, enabling the learner to develop their level even before a ski lesson. This pre, during and post-ski development formula makes the skier biomechanically sound, reduces the risk of injury and makes for faster development when they next hit the slopes. In other words, Ski Technique Hacks.
Now in its 6th year, the workshops will now have 3 Way Lineage (Ski Technique - Ski Biomechanics - Ski Equipment Precision) and explanations on why it’s vital for ski technique development. There is the ‘6 Way Foundation’ tests and the new Ski Plyometric Exercises.
NEW FOR 2021: Tested last year on the tour with reduced capacity due to Covid, the Academy had the chance to put people through a series of basic plyometric (involves jumping, hopping and skipping) ski specific exercises. The results significantly helped skiers on take-off and landing side to side, within 15 minutes raising huge awareness and changes that took place on the night. This extra element will be an additional part of the October tour.
Warren Smith said: “You can’t cheat biomechanics even with the best instructor or coach in the world. Skiers will be individually assessed by the team and helped to identify their specific movement ranges and what they need to do to either balance out differences between the right and left side of the body or to generally improve range. They will have enough information to build their own technique development program off the snow and dramatically change their skiing before the winter season starts”.
The talks conclude with an open Q&A session – the evening lecture allows keen skiers to hit the ground running ahead of the fast approaching winter season.
SKI TECHNIQUE LAB UK TOUR – OCTOBER 2021 DATES & VENUES
- Oct 6th – Craigdon Mountain Sports - Inverness - 7pm
- Oct 7th - Craigdon Mountain Sports - Aberdeen - 7pm
- Oct 8th - Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports - Glasgow, Braehead - 7pm
- Oct 10th - Helly Hansen - Edinburgh - 7pm
- Oct 11th - Silksworth Ski Centre - 7pm
- Oct 12th - Glide n Slide - Otley - 7pm
- Oct 13th - Snow & Rock - Manchester, Chill Factore - 7pm
- Oct 14th - Rivington Alpine - Bolton - 7pm
- Oct 18th - Solutions 4 feet - Bicester - 7pm
- Oct 19th - Snowfit Revolutionz - Norwich - 7pm
- Oct 20th - Snow & rock - Chertsey - 7pm
- Oct 21st - Ellis Brigham Mountain Sports - Bristol - 7pm
- Oct 25th - Snow & Rock - Hemel Snow Centre - 7pm
- Oct 26th - Equinox Gym - London - 7pm
- Oct 27th - Altimus - Kensington High Street London - 7pm
Cost: £20 (1.5 hour session)
Bookings for the tour can be made through Eventbrite here: eventbrite.co.uk/o/warren-smith-ski-academy-17635690693
Further information about the tests can be found here: www.warrensmith-skiacademy.com/technique-lab/