Jet2.com is giving skiers and snowboarders even more choice when it comes to sloping off to the snow this winter, with the launch of brand new Innsbruck as part of its expanded ski programme.
- Flights to the Tyrolean capital now on sale from Birmingham, London Stansted and ManchesterAirports this winter
- Two other new ski routes launched for Winter 19/20 – Verona from Manchester and Grenoble fromEast Midlands
- Over 65 weekly departures to EIGHT ski destinations giving access to over 600 of the best ski resorts in Europe
- Over 400,000 ski seats on sale for Winter 19/20
The UK’s Best Airline* has put flights on sale today to the Tyrolean capital, host of the 1964 and 1976 Winter Olympics, from Birmingham, London Stansted and Manchester – meaning the company will operate to EIGHT ski destinations this coming winter.
On top of this new ski destination, the company’s biggest ever ski programme includes two other new routes – Verona from Manchester and Grenoble from East Midlands.
The UK’s Best Airline* has added thousands of seats to its ski programme, with a focus on the February school holidays, giving skiers and snowboarders even more choice and flexibility during key periods.
The announcement means that Jet2.com has over 400,000 ski seats on sale for Winter 19/20, with EIGHT top ski destinations available: BRAND NEW Innsbruck, as well as Geneva, Grenoble, Salzburg, Turin, Lyon, Verona and Barcelona (Andorra), giving skiers and snowboarders direct access to the French, Austrian, Swiss and Italian Alps as well as the Pyrenees.
Key announcements today include:
- BRAND NEW INNSBRUCK! weekly Saturday services between late December and mid-April fromBirmingham and Manchester, and from February to April from London Stansted, to the capital city of the Tyrol region. Innsbruck hosted the 1964 and 1976 Winter Olympics and is surrounded by the mountains of the Karwendel Alps, Patscherkofel and Serles which seem to engulf you on all sides. The city provides access to fantastic ski resorts such as Nordkette, Mutteralm, Axamer, Obergugl,Igls and Seefeld, giving skiers and snowboarders of all abilities plenty of choice.
- Expanded ski programme meaning over 400,000 ski seats on sale and more than 65 weekly departures during key periods.
- TWO NEW SKI ROUTES! Weekly services launched from Manchester to Verona and East Midlandsto Grenoble.
- Additional Half Term Flights: More services to the snow during the February school holidays with extra services to Salzburg (from Birmingham, Leeds Bradford and London Stansted), Grenoble(from Manchester and London Stansted) and Turin (from Manchester).
- More flights to Geneva from Birmingham and Edinburgh.
Key ski highlights for Winter 19/20 from across the company’s nine UK bases are:
- Belfast International – Weekly Saturday service operating to Salzburg.
- Birmingham – Over 50,000 ski seats on sale with services to BRAND NEW INNSBRUCK (weekly Saturday service), Geneva (up to four weekly services), Grenoble (two weekly services), Turin (two weekly services) and Salzburg (weekly service, with second weekly service added during the February school holidays).
- Edinburgh – Over 25,000 seats available with up to two weekly services to Geneva and weekly services to Salzburg and Turin.
- East Midlands – Over 16,000 seats on sale thanks to NEW weekly service to Grenoble every Saturday, as well as weekly Saturday service to Geneva and Salzburg.
- Glasgow – one weekly Saturday service to Grenoble and two weekly flights to Andorra (Barcelona)means over 25,000 seats available.
- Leeds Bradford – the largest ski operator out of Yorkshire with over 70,000 seats on sale to four ski destinations. This includes up to seven services per week to Geneva, four to Andorra (Barcelona) and weekly Saturday service to Grenoble and Salzburg (second weekly service to Salzburg added during the February school holidays).
- London Stansted – over 70,000 ski seats on sale to six ski destinations. This includes BRAND NEW INNSBRUCK (weekly Sunday service) as well as up to seven weekly services to Geneva, and weekly Saturday services to Grenoble, Salzburg, Turin and Lyon. Major expansion during February school holidays when three weekly services to Grenoble and Salzburg will operate.
- Manchester – over 135,000 ski seats on sale to eight ski destinations. This includes BRAND NEW INNSBRUCK and VERONA services, with weekly flights on Saturdays. Up to seven weekly services to Geneva, four weekly services to Andorra (Barcelona), three weekly services to Grenoble (fourth weekly service added during February school holidays), two weekly services to Turin and Salzburg, and weekly Saturday service to Lyon.
- Newcastle – weekly Saturday service to Grenoble means over 6,000 seats available
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “We enjoyed another successful ski programme last winter, and with skiers and snowboarders already looking ahead to Winter 19/20 so are we. With a brand new ski destination in Innsbruck on top of two new ski routes and more perfectly timed flights at the most popular times, we are putting on our best-ever ski programme. With more choice and flexibility, skiers and snowboarders can hit the slopes for a weekend, a short break or for longer, whilst flying with our award-winning airline and benefitting from 22kg of baggage and ski allowance.”