Superfeet, the global insole industry leader and innovator, announces an updated giving program focused on positively impacting people and the planet we share. For more than 40 years, Superfeet has operated with a people-first ethos giving back to causes that help shape strong foundations for a healthy future. Updates to the program are one of the many positive outcomes experienced by the company after employees crafted their shared 5-year corporate vision together.
Known internally as “5 for 25”, the Superfeet 5-year vision sets a path to grow the brand and contribute to creating a world where all people thrive. The plan puts a spotlight on diversity and inclusion and reducing carbon emissions, while retaining the brands long term commitment to supporting basic needs. Superfeet will measure future success not only on sustainable profit but also by the positive impact they make for people and the planet through product and philanthropy. To support these goals Superfeet welcomes two new partner organizations to their 1% giving program. The organizations were selected for their important, impactful work building strong communities and protecting the planet that sustains us all.
The new Superfeet partnerships include:
- Running Industry Diversity Coalition (RIDC) —Superfeet is proud to support and be part of the RIDC vision of a running community committed to racial justice, where the BIPOC individuals are welcome, valued and amplified.
- Protect our Winters (POW) — As a brand partner of Protect our Winters, Superfeet joins POW’s community of outdoor professionals, creatives, and influencers working together to advance non-partisan policies that help fight climate change.
- In addition to POW and RIDC, three long-term Superfeet non-profit partners continue to be beneficiaries of the Superfeet 1% giving program.
- Conservation Alliance — Superfeet is a member company of this outdoor industry organization that helps protect wild places for their habitat and recreation values. Superfeet funds go directly to grants awarded to conservation projects across North America.
- Fisher House Foundation —Superfeet supports the Fisher House Foundation Hero Miles Program, providing round-trip airline tickets to wounded, injured and ill service members and their families who are undergoing treatment at military or VA medical centers.
- Our Hearts to Your Soles —Superfeet is a long-time supporter of Our Hearts to Your Soles, a series of annual nationwide events that provide people experiencing homelessness with new shoes, socks, and essential foot care. Superfeet provides financial and volunteer support for the Bellingham-based annual event.
- Closer to home, the giving program includes a local grant program and an annual employee giving drive where each Superfeet employee is gifted $1,000 to donate to a non-profit organization of their choice. This year more than $170,000 was given in local grants and employee directed donations.
“It continues to be the people of Superfeet who set this company apart from others, and that includes the mutual drive to leave a lasting and positive impact on our communities, both local and global. Explains John Rauvola, President and CEO “The Superfeet team is comprised of individuals who believe a healthy, happy community is as important as the numbers on a balance sheet, and they’re proud to make decisions that will impact the direction of the business, including how and where our philanthropic efforts are used.”
Most recently, in response to catastrophic flooding around their hometown, Superfeet contributed $100,000 in matching funds to the Whatcom Community Foundation (WCF) Resilience Fund. The WCF is working directly with local non-profits in Whatcom County to provide immediate and long-term relief to victims of the flooding event.
For more information about Superfeet corporate giving and a complete list of grantees, visit: https://www.superfeet.com/blog/superfeet-giving-update