Inspired by life in the Tetons, Jackson Hole mountain lifestyle brand Stio makes performance outdoor apparel to cover the full range of mountain pursuits. This fall, Stio delivers its largest-to-date fall/winter collection with expanded technical pieces, lifestyle silhouettes and accessory collections.
“Mountain towns are unique in that people choose to live in them to pursue their passions,” said Liz Barrett, brand director at Stio. “Whether that’s for easy access to skiing, having trailheads close to home, or simply living amongst nature every day, it’s this drive to be outside that draws people in and connects us. Inspired by the endless opportunity of activity in the Tetons and the locals who live it, Stio’s fall/winter ’19 collection is built to serve the full range of mountain life.”
Key collections and styles from Stio’s fall/winter ’19 line include:
- The Raymer collection is Stio’s new highly technical ski program designed with ski tours, side-country laps or uphill adventures in mind. Part of Stio’s expanded ski hardshell offerings for the active skier, the Raymer collection features a lightweight, waterproof and fully seam-sealed stretch Entrant 3L shell to facilitate vapor transport during high output activities on skis. Packable enough to stash easily in a backpack, the Raymer Jacket is designed for human-powered skiing with high-set hand pockets positioned for easy access when wearing a pack and crossflow core vents to dump heat. The Raymer Pant features zippered inner thigh vents, oversized, easily accessible jam pockets for stashing essentials on the move and high abrasion-resistant CORDURA kickpatches for added durability. The Raymer collection includes the Raymer Jacket and Raymer Pant, available for both men and women.
- 100 percent of Stio down meets the Responsible Down Standard (RDS) and this fall, Stio introduces two new RDS-certified insulators: the Colter Down Jacket for men and women and the Amalia Down Jacket for women. Featuring waterproof 2L Stryder™ polyester microfiber fabric and 650-fill Allied Feather™ HyperDry water-repellent down, the Colter transitions off the ski resort and into town seamlessly. The Amalia fuses elevated style with midwinter down warmth in a new, fashion-forward silhouette featuring a wide, oversized collar, offset front closure and cropped hem.
- The Fernos Knicker is a premium active insulator that offers highly breathable warmth while giving the skier versatility in layering systems. Built with Relance polyester fabric with a soft hand for frictionless layering and a mid-calf length to eliminate bunching at ski boots, this piece is tuned for skiers’ comfort on freezing chair lifts to all-day tours. PrimaLoft® Gold Active insulation warms legs and allows for airflow, while side stretch panels enables full range of motion on the skin track or boot pack. The Fernos Knicker is available for menand women.
- Stio’s cozy new Rawlins shearling collection is built for supreme comfort during après, off-duty downtime and around-town socializing. Featuring a half-zip for women and a jacket for men, the Rawlins pieces offer soft, lofted shearling fleece for elevated, midwinter layering.
- New for women for fall, the Saratoga Cord Shirt is Stio’s signature fall staple over-shirt inspired by Jackson’s western roots. Made with a stretch cotton corduroy outer and lined with Pertex® Quantum Minirip Nylon, the Saratogais ideal for easy layering when temperatures drop.
- Stio expands its accessories this fall with recycled and repurposed materials. Built from recycled Women’s Hometown Down Hooded Jacket and Parka scraps, the new Hometown Down Scarf is perfect for frosty mornings and nights out in town, with RDS-certified fill and a zip stash pocket to stow essentials. Stio also introduces an entirely new made-in-the-USA sock collection this fall, with performance-engineered, unisex socks for every activity, including the All-Action Valley, All-Mountain Ski, All-Trail Hike and All-Terrain Run Socks.
- Finally, the Basin XT collection is Stio’s new line of adventure travel bags. Constructed with tough TPU-coated 600D CORDURA® ripstop nylon, this program can withstand seasonally wet or naturally abrasive surfaces for any expedition or around-town affair. The bag collection includes the Basin XT Duffel 90L, Basin XT Duffel 55L, Basin XT Pack 25L, Basin XT CarryAll bag and the Basin XT Dopp Kit.
As stewards of the mountain life, Stio is committed to its pursuit towards sustainability by making premium products that last and perform season after season. Stio prioritizes using responsible supply chains with 100 percent of its down products meeting the Responsible Down Standard, while allowing for consumers to see where each individual down product comes from via Track My Down. This fall, Stio’s signature Azura collection is made with 100 percent recycled nylon fabric and PrimaLoft® Gold Eco insulation, and the Turpin fleece collection features REPREVE® 100 percent recycled performance fiber. Accessories for the Turpin and Hometown Down collections are repurposed from scraps and excess fabrics, keeping unnecessary waste out of landfills.
To view Stio’s fall 2019 line, visit stio.com or one of the Stio Mountain Studio® retail locations in Jackson Hole and Teton Village, Wyoming, or its newly opened location on Main Street in Park City, Utah.