From the 9th to the 14th of August the best rookies of the world and the future south American snowboard stars will gather in Valle Nevado to participate to the South America Rookie Fest!
The slopestyle contest will take place on Saturday the 11th in the spectacular Valle Nevado snowpark and beside the competition will be organized two days of backcountry riding, a travel to Santiago where riders will have the opportunity to surf and skate in Mall Sport and take part to a video and photo shooting with some pro athlets.
Have a look at the program!
- August 8th – Riders arriving to Chile.
- August 9th – Warm up riding in Valle Nevado
- August 10th – Training
- August 11th – Slopestyle Contest
- August 12th – Weather Day / Backcountry filming
- August 13th – Backcountry filming
- August 14th – Travel to Satiago (Skate and surfing in Mall Sport and Dinner at Santa Pizza)
Valle Nevado is a modern, international level resort, known for its powder snowboarding, good backcountry access and well maintained slopes for all levels of snowboarders. This resort is part of the Tres Valles (Three Valleys) along with neighboring resorts La Parva and El Colorado. Combined, the Tres Valles boast the largest terrain (7,000 acres) of South America.
Regarding the weather, it claims up to 80 percent sunny days, but due to its altitude and orientation, it generally maintains good, dry powder snow conditions for riders exploring the groomed slopes, bowls, and backcountry