Mountain Planet, the international mountain development exhibition closes its doors this evening with positive results: quality visitors, increase in international visitors, return of investments after two years of pandemic, high attendance in ski resorts are all signs that confirm the growing attractiveness of the mountain in both winter and summer.
Grenoble, April 27, 2022. For this 25th edition at Grenoble-Alpexpo, the world's leading exhibition dedicated to mountain development has confirmed its status as the unmissable event for players in the global mountain industry. Among the 16,972 visitors from 71 countries present this year, 40 official foreign delegations were present to discover the novelties of the 981 exhibiting brands (+ 8%) and attend the thematic conferences. Exhibitors were pleased with a highly qualified visitor base, particularly with international numbers on the rise, bringing together mostly mountain players who have investment projects in progress and are looking for equipment, materials and services. (ski lifts, avalanche prevention systems, leisure facilities, etc.).
On the way to the mountains of tomorrow, innovations already there and to come.
Mountain Planet shows how the mountain ecosystem is teeming with innovations to anticipate the future and reduce its carbon footprint. Electric snow groomers and scooters, HVO fuels, valley lifts, autonomous shuttles, all-out digitization, management and optimization of natural resources, dematerialization, hydroelectricity, photovoltaics, wind power, climate modeling and decision support tools, research on the hydrogen, optimization of energy needs, software using artificial intelligence… everywhere during this 2022 edition, we were able to discover companies that innovate and compete in ingenuity to create the innovations essential to the mountains of tomorrow.
Several exhibitors testify to their participation in Mountain Planet 2022:
- “We are delighted to be here again, 4 years after the last edition. Attendance is good, our contacts are qualitative. Our clients come to us with concrete projects and not just to look for ideas. There is a real awareness of the importance of the development of summer leisure activities, even 4 seasons. » Didier Blanchard, manager of Caratech
- “It was a good vintage. We have met many customers. Customers came and they came with a smile. This momentum is certainly due to a good winter season. We felt a good dynamic, noticed a willingness to see what was being done. Our visitors wanted to discover our products and talk about future investments. It's very positive. Bernard Teilller , CEO Doppelmayr France
- “Very nice 2022 edition with a lot of desire from customers and good attendance, including foreigners. High-quality show layouts and attentive organizers who responded to exhibitors' requests. The show reflects the return of a great dynamic that opens up promising prospects for the months to come. » Didier Bic, Managing Director Kässbohrer ESE
- “ This 2022 edition of the Mountain Planet was obviously eagerly awaited by everyone given the density and quality of the exchanges. The need to meet again to discuss in person the many projects to come, gives us good reasons to approach the future with optimism. » Dominic Bosio, Export Director Leitner AG
- “ We were pleased to find our French and international customers. We note a quality visitor base with numerous investments planned for the coming years. Thanks to its innovations, the MND group has attracted many visitors with projects, confirming the dynamism of a still attractive ski market and a 4-season mountain in full evolution. » Xavier Gallot-Lavallée, MND CEO
- “What a great pleasure to see so many people smile and share these moments, after 4 years of parenthesis. On the customer side and on the collaborator side, Mountain Planet allows us a rebirth of foresight, with pride, in addition to being here in Grenoble. Thank you to Alpexpo for receiving us with so much application and commitment. » Jean Souchal, Chairman of the POMA Management Board
- “For our first participation in Mountain Planet with the Pistes de la Vallée des Belleville service and HEXADRONE, we noted a very high number of visitors to our stand, and keen interest from French and foreign ski areas. Very positive results, and we will be there for the next edition, convinced that by then the many opportunities that have just presented themselves will have materialized. » Antoine Fleischmann, CEO PATROLAIR
For this 2022 edition, Alpexpo, the organizer of Mountain Planet, has brought many new features, in particular strong communication in France and internationally prior to the show, a reorganization of the aisles to optimize the flow of visitors, new signage, a free smartphone application with all the events, conferences, exhibitors, map, etc.). Mountain Planet hosted seven new villages around mobility, energy, resource management, waste, renovation, disability and start-ups, as well as a forum on the last day dedicated to people with looking for a job in the mountain development sector.
Now the course is set for the 2024 edition which will take place from April 16 to 18, 2024 in Grenoble/Alpexpo.
Innovations and strong mountain themes can be found in the magazine “Innovation Book by Mountain Planet”