The 2020 L.L.Bean U.S. Cross Country Championships, hosted by the Michigan Tech Huskies, return to Houghton, Mich., Jan. 2-7 with four days of classic and freestyle competition.
"We are thrilled to bring the U.S. Cross Country Championships back to Michigan Tech," Michigan Tech Cross Country Head Coach Tom Smith said. "This will be our sixth time hosting a National Championship event at Tech, and the fifth time hosting the U.S. Cross Country Championships through the tenure of our Michigan Tech Nordic Ski Team.”
The four days of competition will award U.S. Cross Country Championship titles in freestyle sprint, freestyle individual start, classic mass start, and classic sprint races.
“We are very excited to bring the L.L.Bean U.S. Cross Country Championships back to Michigan Tech,” said U.S. Ski & Snowboard Director of Events Eric Webster. “Michigan Tech always provides an outstanding event, and we are looking forward to four days of exciting racing for the athletes and fans."
"We boast one of the greatest race organizing committees, including astounding volunteers and Tech staff, all integral to allowing us to host this National Championship event,” Smith added. “This is a big deal for our entire community. With new trail and facility improvements, the opportunity to showcase what it is to be a Michigan Tech Nordic Husky, and an event that truly benefits our entire Keweenaw community from our Nordic Ski Team and Michigan Tech across the spectrum spanning local business and hospitality, the positive impacts this event brings are truly immeasurable!”
2020 L.L.Bean U.S. Cross Country Championships
Thursday, Jan. 2 (all times CDT)
- 9:30 a.m. - Men’s freestyle spring qualifier
- 10:30 a.m. - Women’s freestyle spring qualifier
- 12:00 p.m. - Men and women’s freestyle sprint heats, semifinals, finals
- 2:30 p.m. - Junior men and women’s freestyle sprint heats, semifinals, finals
Friday, Jan. 3
- 9:30 a.m. - Women's 10km freestyle individual
- 12:30 p.m. - Men's 15km freestyle individual
Sunday, Jan. 5
- 9:30 .m. - Men's 30km classic mass start
- 11:30 a.m. - Women's 20km classic mass start
- 1:00 p.m. - Junior men 10km classic mass start
- 2:00 p.m. - Junior women 7.5km classic mass start
Tuesday, Jan. 7
- 9:30 a.m. - Women's classic sprint qualifier
- 10:30 a.m. - Men's classic sprint qualifier
- 12:00 p.m. Women and men's sprint heats, semifinals, and finals
- 2:30 p.m. - Junior men and women’s sprint heats, semifinals, and finals