Les Arcs, always a firm favourite with British skiers and snowboarders, has welcomed the news that travel to France is back on the cards for holidaymakers travelling from the UK. With the snow currently in perfect condition following a big snowfall last weekend and cold temperatures, Les Arcs is ready to welcome back British skiers.
Whether it be a last-minute ski break in January when the slopes tend to be quiet, a much-needed family holiday in February, or a late season trip in March, Les Arcs has something to offer all levels of skiers, as well as plenty of new activities for winter 2022.
Les Arcs is the go-to resort for mixed ability groups, with the perfect mix of wide-open slopes for all levels. The resort boasts 425km of pistes and with 70% of the ski area over 2000m, it is a snow-sure choice at any time of the season.
- NEW Travelski Express Ski Train. The ski train service from London to the French Alps has returned for this winter, meaning that once again Les Arcs can be reached directly from London by train. The new Travelski Express service will arrive into Bourg Saint Maurice each Saturday morning during the ski season, after departing London on Friday night. Upon arrival in Bourg, it is a simple 7-minute journey by funicular to Arc 1600, meaning skiers can be on the slopes the very same morning.
- NEW Vallandry Gondola – panoramic terrace & Mountain Animal Museum. The new 10-seater Vallandry gondola, which replaces the old Vallandry chairlift, takes skiers from the bottom of the slopes to an altitude of 2138 metres in just six minutes. It also offers a stunning panoramic terrace and unusual ‘relaxation area’ exhibiting traditional objects and local plants. On the upper floor of the relaxation area there is a Mountain Animal Museum, created in conjunction with the Vanoise National Park, presenting thirty species of local fauna. Entry to the museum is free.
- NEW ‘Step by Step Progression Area’. At the top of the brand new Vallandry gondola a new progression area allows complete beginners to progress to their first turns and beyond with access to three progressive beginner’s areas.
- NEW Les Arcs’ Zipline. Les Arcs’ Zipline is THE new attraction of the winter. The Zipline, which passes over the old Flying Kilometre run which held the world speed skiing record for many years (251.40 km/hr, Simone Orgone’s performance, 2006), will make it possible to reach speeds of 130 km/hr, on your own or on a dual ride. Price: 55€ / descent (Or one descent included in the Premium Pass / - 50% reduction with the Essential Pass).
- NEW Carreley panoramic terrace. A new terrace has been constructed at this magnificent viewpoint of Mont Blanc, a perfect Instagram spot. At Carreley, skiers will find 2-person deckchairs, a picnic area, wifi access and recharging points.