Jet2.com is expanding its bumper Winter 21/22 ski programme by adding weekly services to Lyon from Manchester Airport. The gateway to the French Alps is the leading leisure airline’s eighth ski destination on sale this winter, and the introduction of another ski route comes in response to strong demand for flights to the best slopes in Europe.
Weekly flights to the popular ski gateway will operate throughout winter from 20th December 2021 right through to 16th April 2022, meaning skiers and snow sports fans can jet away to the slopes during peak holiday times including Christmas and half-term.
Lyon provides access to some of the best ski resorts in the French Alps including Tignes, Chamonix, Les Arcs, La Plagne, Les Deux Alpes and Alpe d’Huez, as well a number of smaller ski resorts for those looking to get away from the crowds.
The addition of Lyon means Jet2.com will operate ski flights to eight destinations this coming winter, with skiers now able to enjoy the best slopes by flying to Lyon, Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Turin and Barcelona (Andorra)
Jet2.com’s full ski programme, in addition to Lyon, for Winter 21/22 is as follows:
- Chambery – new services from Winter 21/22 with ski flights on sale from five UK bases (Birmingham, Bristol, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted and Manchester) offering quick and easy access to world-famous ski resorts in France, including the Three Valleys.
- Geneva – ski flights on sale from eight UK bases (Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted and Manchester) as well brand-new routes from Newcastle and Glasgow. Geneva offers ski enthusiasts some of the very best ski resorts including Tignes, Flaine, Verbier, Zermatt and the Three Valleys.
- Salzburg – ski flights on sale from nine UK bases (Belfast International, Birmingham, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Leeds Bradford, London Stansted and Manchester) as well as a brand-new routes from Newcastle and Bristol. Salzburg opens up the best of the Austrian Alps and over 300 resorts including Kaprun, Mayrhofen and Obertauern to skiers.
- Grenoble – the host of the 1968 Winter Olympics, Grenoble offers the perfect gateway to the French Alps, with over 175 incredible ski resorts nearby including Morzine, Chamonix, Chamrousse, Les Deux Alpes, Alpe d’Huez and Avoriaz. On sale from Birmingham, Bristol (new route), London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Turin - the legacy of Turin’s 2006 Winter Olympics means that skiers can enjoy speedy transfers to well-established skiing resorts such as Pila, Vars, Le Corbier and Val d’Isere. With 400km of piste at the Milky Way area alongside the stunning mountainous backdrop of the Monterosa network, there is plenty to go at with services available from Birmingham, Edinburgh and Manchester.
- Innsbruck – programme doubled in size for W21/22 with skiers and snowboarders able to access the Tyrolean capital from Birmingham, Bristol (new route), Edinburgh (new route), London Stansted and Manchester (new Sunday service). Innsbruck hosted the 1964 Winter Olympics and resorts such as Igls, Alpbach and St Anton am Arlberg make it a firm favourite with skiers and snow sports fans year in year out.
- Barcelona (Andorra) – with ski flights on sale from Manchester, Birmingham and Leeds Bradford, skiers and snowboarders can access the Andorra and the Pyrenees which host some of Europe’s best ski resorts including Grandvalira, La Molina, Pal-Arinsal and the mega-resort of Soldeu El Tarter.
Booking and travelling on ski flights with Jet2.com means customers get to enjoy VIP customer service which has seen the UK’s third largest airline win numerous awards and accolades, as well as 10kg hand luggage and 22kg baggage* and 22kg ski carriage*.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “After missing out in Winter 20/21, skiers and snowboarders are well and truly looking to hit the slopes again. We have seen great demand on the back of that, so we have taken the decision to provide customers with even more choice through the launch of ski flights to Lyon. With eight ski destinations now on sale for Winter 21/22 we have got Europe’s best ski resorts covered, and we cannot wait to fly customers away to the snow once again.”
Ski destinations by base for Winter 21/22:
- Belfast International – Salzburg
- Birmingham – Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Turin and Barcelona (Andorra)
- Bristol – Chambery, Grenoble, Innsbruck and Salzburg
- East Midlands – Geneva and Salzburg
- Edinburgh – Geneva, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Turin
- Glasgow – Geneva
- Leeds Bradford – Chambery, Geneva, Salzburg and Barcelona (Andorra)
- London Stansted – Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Innsbruck and Salzburg
- Manchester – Lyon, Chambery, Geneva, Grenoble, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Turin and Barcelona (Andorra)
- Newcastle – Geneva, Grenoble and Salzburg