Technical apparel brand Goldwin is continuing the rollout of its 2021 Spring/Summer Collection with two new products: the Element Jacket and the Fast Shell Jacket. In keeping with the overall theme of the collection, the jackets are designed for serious performance in the outdoors — more so than any other collection Goldwin has released in its 60-plus year history of making sports apparel.
What makes the jackets important is their use of Pertex® Shield Air, a newly developed waterproof fabric that features a precisely tailored nanofiber structure, which allows for exceptional venting while maintaining its lightness, softness and quietness. Both jackets were developed in Goldwin’s Tech Lab, the brand’s state-of-the-art R&D facility in Toyama, Japan.
Shop the new jackets online now at goldwin-sports.com/us or at Goldwin’s flagship stores in San Francisco, Munich, and Japan.
MSRP: $400 | BUY NOW | WATCH FILM
An outdoor shell unlike any Goldwin has made before. With Pertex® Shield Air, a high-tech material renowned for its superior balance of breathability and water resistance, the Element Jacket is designed to vent hot air and prevent sweat on your most demanding days in the backcountry — without weighing you down with added bulk. It just might be the versatile outdoor shell Goldwin has created yet.
- Water-resistant and breathable Pertex Shield Air is also seam-sealed for added protection from the elements
- Outer material is strong yet smooth to the touch
- Relaxed fit ensures maximum mobility in the torso and arms
- Pattern design and minimal use of seams ensures optimal mobility
- Inside-out pocket provides easy access to frequently used items; chest pockets open for ventilation
Fast Shell Jacket
MSRP: $370 | BUY NOW | WATCH FILM
The Fast Shell Jacket is designed to deploy fast and without a fuss when the going gets tough. A large rear pocket doubles as a ventilation channel, adjustable hood helps seal out wind and rain, and when not being worn, it packs down into an attached pouch barely bigger than your hand.
- Sleeve cuffs are lightweight minimal, with a hoop-and-loop zipper style that convert to thumb holes
- Built-in adjustable hoodie
- Special pattern design and stretchy fabric for increased mobility
- Reflective logo for better visibility at night — take it for a run!
As part of the launch, Goldwin partnered with the London-based design firm Systems Studio to produce a robust marketing campaign centered around the new jackets. The campaign features two creative films that explore the symbiosis between the scientific world of man-made technology and the magical world of nature, and how outdoor gear can merge the two worlds together. Watch the Element Jacket video online now here and the Fast Shell jacket video here.
The new SS21 collection follows Goldwin’s partnership with Spiber in November 2020 to create the The Sweater, the world’s first garment knitted with Brewed Protein, a radical biopolymer grown using microbial fermentation.