Top U.S. cross country athletes will join their Canadian counterparts at seven stops for the 2019-20 SuperTour. The tour is a series of International Ski Federation (FIS) sanctioned cross country events across North America produced by U.S. Ski & Snowboard together with its divisions and clubs.
“The SuperTour is one of U.S. Ski & Snowboard’s longest-running event series, and we’ve seen quite a number of U.S. National Champions, World and Olympic champions compete in SuperTour events over the years,” said U.S. Ski & Snowboard Cross Country Sport Development Manager Bryan Fish.
The SuperTour is a vital component of U.S. Ski & Snowboard’s development program. Leaders of the SuperTour series earn World Cup berths throughout the season. The SuperTour provides top-level racing at key cross country centers and providing a proving ground for club athletes with aspirations of qualifying for the U.S. Ski Team and competing on the FIS World Cup tour and in the Olympics.
This season’s SuperTour features five stops in the United States and two in Canada, including the season opener Dec. 6-8 in Canmore, Alberta, and the SuperTour Finals in Vernon, British Columbia, March 26 through April 2. In between, U.S. stops will include Sun Valley, Idaho, Dec. 14-15; Houghton, Mich., Jan. 2-7; Craftsbury, Vt. Jan. 24-26; Minneapolis, Feb. 16-17 as a test event leading up to the Minneapolis World Cup in March; and the American Birkebeiner, in Cable, Wisc., Feb. 19 and Hayward, Wisc., Feb. 22.
2019-20 U.S. SKI & SNOWBOARD CROSS COUNTRY SUPERTOUR
- Dec 6-8
- Canmore, Alberta, CAN
- Men: sprint freestyle, 10k classic, 15k freestyle
- Women: sprint freestyle, 5k classic, 10k freestyle
- Sun Valley, Idaho
- Men: sprint classic, 15k freestyle
- Women: sprint classic, 10k freestyle
- Houghton, Mich.
- Men: sprint freestyle, 15k freestyle, 30k classic mass-start, sprint classic
- Women: sprint freestyle, 10k freestyle, 20k classic mass-start, spring classic
- Men: sprint classic, 10k freestyle, 15k classic mass-start
- Women: sprint classic, 5k freestyle, 10k classic mass-start
- Men: sprint freestyle, 10k classic
- Women: sprint freestyle, 5k classic
- Men and women: sprint classic
- Men: 50k freestyle Marathon mass-start
- Women: 50k freestyle Marathon mass-start
Mar. 26 - April 2
Vernon, British Columbia, CAN
- Men: freestyle TBA classic, TBA, sprint classic team relay, 50k freestyle mass-start
- Women: TBA classic TBA, sprint classic team relay, 30k freestyle mass-start