The 36th annual Burton U.S. Open Snowboarding Championships (announce the massive Burton Concert Series ( lineup featuring six days of non-stop entertainment in Vail, Colorado. This year’s roster of live bands and DJs includes Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley, BØRNS, Dean Ween & Friends, Monophonics and more! The Burton Concert Series will run from Monday, March 5th through Saturday, March 10th in the heart of Colorado’s Vail Village following each day’s snowboard competition.
The Burton Concert Series continues to build on the close tie between snowboarding and music, which the Burton U.S. Open has celebrated throughout its 36 years. This year’s roster includes 19 unique artists including world-class reggae, jam bands, funk, and indie, plus award-winning DJs, and classic American rock. This year’s program also includes a brand new venue—in addition to the all-ages outdoor Solaris Concert Stage, performers will also take the stage at Shakedown Bar. The new venue allows for a greatly expanded lineup with additional après and late night set times. Live music at the Solaris Concert Stage and the closing party at Dobson Ice Arena continue to be FREE and open to the public. Tickets for the Shakedown Bar performances will be available for purchase in advance of the show through Shakedown Bar and at the door.
Highlights of this year’s Burton Concert Series include:
- Grammy award winning performer Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley ( performs Saturday night on the Solaris Concert stage. The youngest son of the legend Bob Marley is celebrated for his rousing reggae roots jams and dancehall bangers.
- Michigan-bred singer songwriter BØRNS (, aka Garrett Borns, will take over Friday night on the Solaris Concert Stage with his danceable indie-pop ballads and captivating stage presence.
- One of the premier soul bands in the country, Monophonics (, plays the Solaris Concert Stage on Wednesday. This Bay Area band’s live shows are a one-of-a-kind raucous, soulful experience.
- Dean Ween & Friends play Shakedown Bar après set on Thursday for an intimate acoustic performance. This is a must-see for any Ween fans.
- The closing party at Dobson Ice Arena on Saturday night will be a one-two-three punch of DJs, featuring DJ Cre8 (, Deejay Theory (and DJ Hedspin ( aka “the World's Best Party Rocker DJ.”
2018 Burton Concert Series Full Schedule:
Monday, March 5th
- Late Night Live Music—Kory Montgomery, 10:00pm at Shakedown Bar
Tuesday, March 6th
- Late Night Live Music—Eddie Roberts Super Jam, 9:00pm at Shakedown Bar
Wednesday, March 7th
- Dangermuffin and Monophonics: 6:00pm at the Solaris Concert Stage
- Late Night Live Music—Town Cavalry, 10:00pm at Shakedown Bar
Thursday, March 8th
- Après All Day—Dean Ween & Friends, 4:00pm at Shakedown Bar
- Pigeons Playing Ping Pong (two sets): 6:00pm at the Solaris Concert Stage
- Late Night Live Music—New Orleans Suspects, 10:00pm at Shakedown Bar
Friday, March 9th
- BØRNS and Madaila: 6:00pm at the Solaris Concert Stage
- Late Night Live Music—The Medallions, 10:00pm at Shakedown Bar
Saturday, March 10th
- Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley and Itation Sound (DJ Nickel B + Tosheba), 6:00pm at the Solaris Concert Stage
- U.S. Open Closing Party with DJ Hedspin, Deejay Theory and DJ Cre8, 9:30pm at the Dobson Ice Arena
- Late Night Live Music—Brothers Keeper w/ Special Guest Dean Ween, 10:00pm at Shakedown Bar
The Solaris Concert Stage performances on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night will follow the exciting Burton U.S. Open Snowboarding Championships Junior Jam, slopestyle and halfpipe finals awards presentations.
Come experience FREE nightly shows, plus the new Shakedown Bar Late Night Live Music lineup. For details on all things U.S. Open, follow the hashtag #BurtonUSOpen and head to BurtonUSOpen.com or download the official Burton U.S. Open app on your mobile device now through Google Play and the App Store.