Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy announced today a global search for its next Executive Director & Head of School. The Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy (SBSTA) Board of Trustees has appointed a Search Committee, which has just published a Position Statement highlighting SBSTA’s history, strategic plan, and key opportunities and challenges, and the qualities and experiences SBSTA is seeking in its next Executive Director & Head of School (EDHOS).
The Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy is a nationally recognized Alpine, Freeride, and Nordic ski team and ski academy that has produced multiple US Ski Team members, NCAA collegiate competitors, national champions in virtually all age groups, and numerous nationally ranked athletes. SBSTA is gold certified through the US Ski and Snowboard Certification Program and accredited by NAIS. Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy is a community dedicated to providing passionate skiers the opportunity to pursue athletic dreams, academic excellence, and personal growth while celebrating grit, grace, and courage.
About the Position
Sugar Bowl Ski Team & Academy’s Executive Director & Head of School will be the leader of the organization, reporting to the Board of Trustees. The EDHOS is responsible for driving SBSTA to realize its mission and vision by executing on its strategic plan:
- Offer the highest quality skiing experiences and training opportunities
- Provide the most sophisticated and innovative programming for athletic, academic, and personal development
- Deliver rigorous college preparatory academics to meet the immediate challenges of student-athletes as well as support their long-term goals
- Develop and broaden institutional, community, and financial resources to ensure long-term sustainability and growth
About the Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate would possess the following qualities and experiences:
- Personal and/or professional experience balancing academics with high-level athletics
- Proven leadership within a complex organization
- Financial management acumen (e.g., P&L, budgets, compensation)
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising/development/endowments
- Demonstrated ability to connect with and inspire a wide spectrum of stakeholders
- Thought leader/visionary/innovator/strategic thinker
- Willingness to jump in wherever needed
- Passionate, energetic, inspiring
- Transparent, inclusive, relational, and collaborative leadership
- High emotional intelligence (e.g., self-awareness, humility, empathy, interpersonal skills, authenticity)
To view the EDHOS Position Statement, please visit sbacademy.org/executive-director-and-head-of-school-search. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply no later than October 28, 2022, in accordance with the application process described in the Position Statement.