Snowbasin Resort announced its summer 2021 schedule today with a lineup of fun for the entire family with outdoor adventures, mountain top dining and an outdoor concert series. The resort will officially kick off the summer season on June 12 with lift served hiking and mountain biking, mini golf along with luxury mountain top dining options including its Sunday brunch and Saturday lunch service served with views from 8,700 vertical ft.
“We are so excited to be able to offer our summer lineup of activities and events once again at Snowbasin,” said Andrew Barfield, Director of Skier Services at Snowbasin Resort. “The resort has long been an escape for so many from the city and we look forward to welcoming back our community for another summer of outdoor adventures and memories.”
Snowbasin also plans to bring back some of its fan favorite summer events including their free concert series. Blues, Brews & BBQ is scheduled to begin on August 1 with music from Andy Frasco and Kris Lager, with an event each Sunday until Labor Day Weekend. SnowWiesn, the premier Oktoberfest themed festival in Northern Utah, is scheduled on Sundays between September 12 and October 3. A full music lineup for the events will be announced soon.
“We’re pleased to bring back our popular summer concert series with 10 exciting events scheduled”, said Alan Dickerson, Director of Food and Beverage. “Each Sunday starting in August, we’ll welcome guests with free live music and great food and drink offerings at our outdoor festivals. We hope you’ll join us and experience the year-round beauty at Snowbasin.”
Snowbasin 2021 Summer Schedule and Offerings
Lift Served Hiking & Biking: Snowbasin offers 26 miles of lift-served trails to explore on two feet or two wheels with service from Needles Gondola starting June 12 on Saturdays and Sundays from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. In addition to their multi-use trails, Snowbasin offers three hiking-only trails that lead to the crest of the ridges for breathtaking views of the valley far below. Much of the single-track trails connect to additional Forest Service trails, offering nearly 50 miles of adventure. The easier mountain bike trails are accessed from the base area. And the moderate to expert level bike trails are accessed off the top of Needles Gondola. The trail system is open to the public seven days a week to use with lift access available on weekends, unless closed for a private event.
- Pet Friendly: Snowbasin is pet-friendly in the summertime on trails, at events and inside Needles Gondola. Dogs need to remain on leash at all times and are not permitted inside the lodges.
- Dining: Enjoy a 12-minute scenic ride up the gondola to Needles Lodge. The lodge will be serving up lunch on Saturdays from 11am – 2pm and brunch on Sunday from 9:30 am – 3:00 pm. Snowbasin is thrilled to welcome back the best brunch in Northern Utah on Sundays. Every Sunday, guests can reserve a table at the top of the mountain to dine on an all-you-can-eat brunch with a variety of stations including a carving station, crepe station, omelet station, salad station, hot items, assorted desserts and more. Reservations are recommended for Mountain Top Brunch.
- Mini Golf: The Wildflower Mini-Golf Course is located in the base area, between Needles Gondola and John Paul Express. This 18-hole mini golf course will offer a fun and challenging experience for friends and families alike. Open to the public on Saturday and Sunday during summer operations, or available daily for private events. Tickets are available at the resort, or online at snowbasin.com.
- Blues, Brews & BBQ: Snowbasin will host two bands every Sunday between August 1 and September 5 for their free Blues, Brews and BBQ concerts in the base area on the lawn next to Earl’s Lodge. The resort will kick off the season with all-time favorites Kris Lager and Andy Frasco. Bring the family, friends, or furry pups up for an afternoon relaxing in the cool Wasatch mountain air with music, cold drinks and delicious BBQ. A full concert lineup will be announced soon.
- SnowWiesn: Snowbasin is pleased to bring back SnowWiesn, the premier Oktoberfest themed event in Northern Utah. The event takes place each Sunday from September 12 through October 3 and offers delicious Bavarian themed food, live music and locally crafted beers in a great escape into the mountains for families and friends. A music lineup will be announced soon.
Adventure Premier Events: Snowbasin is honored to be the venue for a variety of premier mountain outdoor events this season. Events Include:
- June 25, 2021 – June 27, 2021: Elk Summit
- July 16, 2021 – July 18, 2021: Spartan
- July 23, 2021 – July 25, 2021: Mountain Archery
- August 20, 2021- August 22, 2021: 29029
- August 27, 2021 – August 28, 2021: 29029
- September 3, 2021 – September 4, 2021: Utah High School Mountain Bike Races
- September 9, 2021 – September 10, 2021: Utah High School Mountain Bike races
- September 24, 2021 – September 26,2021: XTERRA
Private Events: With a variety of venues offered throughout the resort, Snowbasin is the perfect place to host weddings, corporate events or family gatherings to remember. For more information on Snowbasin’s private event offerings, please contact 80-620-1075.
Snowbasin will follow all local health guidelines created by the Weber/Morgan Health Department and recommending guests wear masks in areas where social distancing is challenging.
Spend summer at Snowbasin and enjoy the array of activities that offer a little something for everyone. To learn more details about summer at Snowbasin visit www.snowbasin.com or call 801-620-1000.