Slide, the annual snowsport tradeshow, takes place from 23-25 January 2018 in Telford and is run by SIGB (Snowsport Industries of Great Britain).
- SIGB (Snowsport Industries of Great Britain) is the trade association for skiing and snowboarding. Led by a 16-strong committee of volunteers from within the industry, the SIGB currently has 170 member organisations from the retail, supplier and travel sectors of the industry.
- Slide is owned by the SIGB, with the management of Slide is handled by Rare Management, specialists in sport events and marketing.
- Slide 2018 takes place from 23-25 January 2018 at Telford International Centre.
Visitor registration for the show is now live online at http://www.slideuk.co.uk/visitor-tickets/ and visitors are urged to prepare now by taking advantage of preferential hotel rates that have been negotiated. Booking info is here: http://www.slideuk.co.uk/hotels/
More than 70 companies, representing almost 200 different brands, have booked up for Slide, to show their products for next winter. Visitors can contact exhibitors to make appointments through the exhibitor listing http://www.slideuk.co.uk/exhibitor-list/
Confirmed exhibitors have filled almost 90% of the space available at Slide, but there’s still a good choice of stand locations and sizes on offer for exhibitors who want to take advantage of reaching all the key snowsport buyers under one roof
Booking forms and current floorplans are on the website here: http://www.slideuk.co.uk/exhibitor-booking/ or potential exhibitors can contact Slide organisers direct on email@example.com
Slide, as a successful annual show for the wintersport trade, has many returning exhibitors, but there are always newcomers joining the industry for the first time, or existing brands who have concluded that attending Slide will improve their sales prospects for the following season. Notable newcomers for 2018 include: Maier, Kamik, Mammut, Tenson, Saxx, Trixski, Blossom Skis, Vola, Croc Ski to name but a few. For a full list of confirmed exhibitors and their contact details, go here: http://www.slideuk.co.uk/exhibitor-list/
The first evening of the show is the main social evening, which will have a revised format for 2018. Details will be confirmed as the show approaches. On Wednesday evening, Slide hosts the AGM of the SIGB, quickly followed by an Open Forum on all aspects of the industry, as well as the presentation of the Slide Awards. New for 2018 will be an Award for the best new brand, in addition to the long established, ‘best in show’ award in the hardware, software and accessory categories.
Further information on Slide is available on the show website: http://www.slideuk.co.uk
- 1987 The show was named Ski-GB and took place at the NEC.
- 1991 By this time renamed Soltex (Snowsport and Outdoor Leisure Trade Exhibition) and embracing snowboarding and related activities, the show moved to Manchester.
- 1998-2001 the Outdoor Industry organised its spring exhibition alongside Soltex at G-mex, with joint branding as Soltex/Cola and then Soltex/GoOutdoors.
- 2002-2006 Soltex continued as a stand-alone 4-day exhibition.
- 2007 Soltex was re-launched as Slide, a 3-day show with an entirely new concept of design and floorplan to bring the show up to date with the contemporary image of the industry.
- 2011 Slide moved to Telford International Centre, offering more cost-effective exhibiting, as well as travel and parking benefits with an increase in exhibitor numbers of more than 20%.
SIGB Ski Test 2018:
The SIGB Ski Test will take place in a new venue, Galtur, Austria from 5-9 March 2018. The Ski Test is open to all retailers and media and offers a fantastic opportunity to test the following season’s skis and to meet friends, colleagues and competitors on the slopes.
In 2017, 168 individual testers from 28 retail and 5 media organisations recorded over 3137 test results on 19 different ski brands and on 799 pairs of skis.