Mt. Hood Meadows launches its summer scenic chairlift and hiking operations this Friday, June 24. The resort will offer chairlift rides, the premier hiking experience on Mt. Hood as well as events and entertainment on the weekends, five days a week through Labor Day.
Summer operations will have a snowy start this year, due to a lingering snowpack that will cover some of the upper elevation trails.
As the snow melts, Mt. Hood's premier hiking experience will be will revealed with eight-and-a-half miles of recently constructed hiking trails from the base area. The trail system provides day hikes on woodland trails through meadows of wild flowers to magnificent overlooks and waterfall hikes. The interior trails also connect to Umbrella Falls, Sahalie Falls, Elk Meadows and Timberline Trails which all pass through the Meadows permit area and are now easily accessed from the base area.
Summer operations include a wide range of activities beyond hiking and the scenic chairlift ride such as geocaching, culinary festivals and other weekend events, games and nighttime movies on the deck. The resort will also have outdoor mountain-view dining on the deck to help refresh hungry and thirsty hikers, and a gift shop for logo wear and more.
Days & Hours of Operations
June 24 - September 5
- Thursday & Friday* - 10 AM to 5 PM
- Saturday & Sunday - 10 AM to 7 PM; closing at 5 PM on Sunday, July 4
- Monday 10 AM to 5 PM
*The chairlift will be open until 7 PM on Friday nights that we are offering Movies on the Deck
Star Gazing Dinners, Mushroom Hunts, Mountain Adventure Runs, Summer Music Series and Friday Night Movies on the Deck highlight Mt. Hood Meadows summer events
Summer events at Mt. Hood Meadows are being served with an extra helping of culinary events from a Polynesian Food Festival and Foods of Mexico Festival to a summer Brew Fest and Winemakers Dinner. The stellar Stargazer dinner returns with a series of three night time star show and with night sky photography tips.
New events started two seasons ago have “mushroomed” into a series of events this summer. Every Sunday in August join our local expert Jason Roberts for a mushroom hunt to learn how to identify, forage and collect these tasty delicacies. Friday Night Movies on the Deck will be presented in August through September 2 featuring all time favorites family movies under the stars.
Competitive events range from the Wy'east Howl and Mt. Trail Game adventure runs to a Balance Bike event for kids. Doggies of all shapes and sizes return to Meadows for the Oregon Humane Society fundraiser “Mutts on the Mountain” August 27. And the summer events kick off opening weekend with a SOLV Mountain Cleanup on Saturday, June 25.
Events Schedule (subject to change)
- Saturday, June 25: Mountain Cleanup
- Saturday, July 2: Polynesian Culinary Tour
- Friday, July 8: Stargazer Dinner
- Saturday, July 9: Stargazer Dinner
- Saturday & Sunday, July 9 & 10: Makers Market
- Saturday & Sunday, July 16 & 17: Wy'east Howl
- Saturday, July 30: Balance Bike Race
- Friday, August 5: Movies on the Deck - The Karate Kid (1984)
- Saturday & Sunday, August 6 & 7: Mt. Hood Trail Games
- Sundays in August (7, 14, 21, 28) and Sept. 4: Mushroom Hunt Series
- Friday, August 12: Stargazer Dinner
- Saturday, August 13: Mexican Culinary Tour
- Saturday, August 13: Summer Music Series - Megan Alder
- Friday, August 19: Movies on the Deck - Ghostbusters (1984)
- Saturday, August 20: Summer Brew Fest
- Saturday, August 20: Summer Music Series - Kathleen Hollingsworth
- Saturday, August 20: Summer Brewer's Dinner featuring Double Mountain
- Sunday, August 21: Summer Music Series - Dave Tragethon
- Friday, August 26: Movies on the Deck - Hook (1991)
- Saturday, August 27: Mutts on the Mountain
- Saturday, August 27: Summer Music Series - Charleah Lillig
- Saturday, August 27: Winemaker's Dinner featuring Mt. Hood Winery
- Sunday, August 28: Summer Music Series - Charleah Lillig
- Friday, September 2: Movies on the Deck - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971)
- Saturday, September 3: Italian Culinary Tour
- Saturday, September 3: Summer Music Series - Cale Rice
- Sunday, September 4: Summer Music Series - Jess Clemons
- Sunday & Monday, September 4 & 5: Labor Day Weekend BBQ on the Deck
- Monday, September 5: Summer Music Series - Jess Clemons
Registration is open for Mt. Hood Meadows Summer Explorer, Adventure and Mt. Bike Camps
Meadows will again present summer mountain camps for young people this summer. The four-day camps are designed for young people to immerse themselves, explore, delight in and learn respect for the mountain. Campers build self-confidence and develop positive attitudes by learning to succeed at many new activities. Transportation from the Portland area and Hood River is included.
For more information visit the resort website at SkiHood.com.