Meribel Will Open On 4 December With A Show: Meribel In Lights.
Méribel is looking forward to welcoming guests this winter! The resort will open on 4 December with a show: Méribel in lights.
- New in Méribel-Centre this winter: located on the hillside, Résidence Isba offers 13 luxury apartments overlooking the mountains. www.barnes-meribel-courchevel.com
- New in Méribel Village: the splendid Queen Mijane chalet, nestled amongst pine trees, has 6 bedrooms, huge living rooms (even with a grand piano), a 7.5 x 3m swimming pool, all spread over 660m2 and 5 levels, with a lift. www.cimalpes.ski
- New in Rond-Point des Pistes: The Grands Chalets des Pistes offer exceptional apartments and privileged living spaces, well-being (balneotherapy and massage cabins, etc.) and leisure activities (including a golf simulator) with access on foot to the ski lifts, skishops less than 100 meters from the slopes, the ESF departures and the kindergarten. www.barnes-meribel-courchevel.com
- New in Rond-Point des Pistes: le Village de l'Orée offers luxury accommodation with additional services including a concierge and catering. 6-bedroom apartment of 224m2, from 11,750€ per week.
- Timed descent of the Roc de Fer The FIS World Cup Finals (16- 20 March 2022) and the FIS World Ski Championships (6-19 February 2023) are the two biggest upcoming Alpine skiing events in Europe. Courchevel and Méribel will jointly host these events.
- Micro Adventures: two days of freeride with a night in a refuge: This experience with Méribel’s High Mountain Guides takes you to the most beautiful off piste areas in Les 3 Vallées such as le Vol du fruit, Vallée de Avals, Lac du Loup or Vallée des Encombres, with a night in a refuge to enhance the adventure. Bureau des Guides de MéribelBiathlon (cross-country skiing + rifle shooting) You can learn or practise this sport with local instructors on Méribel’s shooting range, which regularly hosts the French Biathlon Championships
- Lilie: Chef Sylvain Chardonnet had a grandmother, Lilie, and in this restaurant he continues her tradition of homemade cooking. The decor is warm, with old wood, black metal and cement tiles. Snacks from 7€, main courses from 22€, pizzas from 15.50€. And the delicatessen shop makes you want to take it all home with you. www.lilie-meribel.com
- Maya Altitude: right at the top of the Tougnète chairlift, between Méribel and Saint-Martin-de-Belleville, the Maya Altitude, which will open in December, is part of the Maya Collection. With its capacity of 400 diners, Himalayan-inspired decoration and a 360° panorama of Mont Blanc and the Belleville valley, it already promises to be an exceptional venue. The host, Christophe Hulot, offers “bistronomic” cuisine and meat cooked to perfection in a charcoal wood oven.
- Olympe gondola: The previous cabins have been replaced by taller ones which hold 6 people, and which are now accessed without steps.
- Bouquetin chairlift: A 6-seat high-speed chairlift (open to non-skiers) has replaced the Plattières 3 gondola lift. This whisks you to the slopes of Saint-Martin and Les Menuires in just two and a half minutes.
- Roc de Fer tunnel: A new 8.50m wide, 5m high and 50m long tunnel has replaced the old Roc de Fer tunnel. This improves skier flow in the area, and avoids having to make a detour around the competition piste during events.
Events to not miss!
- From January 24 to 28, 2022: FIS Men's Speed Races
- From March 14 to 20, 2022: World Cup Finals. Méribel will host the men's and women's technical events
- Late March: SoundClash : Battle of DJs French/English A giant dance floor will be set in the centre of the resort for a ‘battle’ between French and English DJs