February At Sun Peaks: Competitions, Camps & Celebrations
Sun Peaks is preparing for an exciting month full of participatory events and entertainment on and off the slopes. Sun Peaks Resort is partnering with organizations and brands like Special Olympics BC, Red Bull, and Canada Snowboard to host an array of competitions, camps, and celebrations.
Special Olympics BC Winter Games kicks off the month with more than 650 athletes and volunteers reuniting after four years. Athletes from across BC will come to Kamloops and Sun Peaks to compete in a variety of events with Sun Peaks hosting the fast-paced alpine skiing.
Shortly following, the first Red Bull Homerun competition in Canada will take place on the Sun Peaks slopes. Skiers and riders, whether recreational athletes, hobbyists, or pros, can race down 5 Mile for a chance at a gold medal and an epic après at Masa’s Bar + Grill. Register Here.
Sun Peaks will also welcome back BC-based Kinshira Entertainment for a night of flames with one of their signature fire dance performances. The month will come to a close with two women powered ski and snowboard camps designed by women for women, helping women-identifying skiers and riders advance skills, build confidence, and feel empowered.
“We’re really looking forward to hosting such a variety of events with different partners,” says Aidan Kelly, Chief Marketing Officer of Sun Peaks Resort LLP. “Especially events like the Special Olympics BC Winter Games and the women focused progression camps. Celebrating inclusion and women in sports is important in Sun Peaks and we’re happy to be able to support both.”
FEBRUARY EVENTS SCHEDULE
- Friday, February 3rd – Saturday, February 4th All day – BC Special Olympics Ski Racing Events
- Saturday, February 4th 3:00 – 6:00pm – Red Bull Homerun
- Saturday, February 11th – Sunday, February 12th9:30am – 2:30pm – Elevation and Southside Demo Weekend
- Saturday, February 18th 6:00pm – 6:30pm – Kaleidoscope by Kinshira
- Saturday, February 25th – Sunday, February 26th 8:30am – 3:30pm – Force of Femme
- Sunday, February 26th 10:00am – 4:00pm – Elleboard All Girls Snowboard Camp