Snowmass’ September event lineup features two new events and some of the best fall experiences in the Valley. With two new music focused events – Mall Jam and the September Music Series – Snowmass’ music scene is prevalent throughout September. Local returning favorites such as JAS Aspen Snowmass Labor Day Experience, the Snowmass Balloon Festival, the Golden Leaf Half Marathon, and the Snowmass Wine Festival, not to mention a variety of biking events, round out the month and cap off the spectacular summer 2021 season.
“September is going to start with a bang and end strong with fabulous lineup of events,” says Rose Abello, Tourism Director, Snowmass Tourism. “Guest occupancy is high, locals are out to play, and we have had so much interest in September that we have extended programming unlike ever before to ensure we have great, fun variety for visitors and locals alike.”
September 2021 Event & Activation Lineup
- *New – September Music Series – Thursdays – September 9 – 30: Summer may be over, but the music keeps on playing in Snowmass! Every Thursday afternoon throughout September, local bands keep the music alive on the Tower Stage on the Snowmass Mall and on The Rink in Snowmass Base Village from 4:30-6:30pm. Bands include The True Story Band, The Colorado Curry’s, Echo Monday, Wade Waters, Smuggler Mountain Boys, the John Carlin Trio, and Sweet Temerity. www.gosnowmass.com/?post_type=tribe_events&p=29468&preview=true
- Snowmass Balloon Festival – September 10-12: The Snowmass Balloon Festival celebrates its 46th anniversary in 2021. The long-standing Rocky Mountain tradition features three days of 30+ festive balloons launching into the air on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday mornings from 7:00am-9:00am and a Friday evening Balloon Night Glow from 7:00pm-9:00pm. Spectators are encouraged to experience the festival grounds and Gitsie’s coffee and provisions food truck, or drive in, hike up, or bike around to take in the sights and sounds of the morning balloon launches. Click here for a “how-to” guide to hiking and biking Snowmass’ trails for best balloon viewing. Parking is available on a first come, first served basis at Town Park Station, Rodeo Lot and along Brush Creek Road (between Horse Ranch and Meadow Drive). For more information, please visit www.gosnowmass.com/event/snowmass-balloon-festival-2020-09-13/2021-09-10/
- Axes & Arms Walk – September 11: Join local first responders for a walk from Town Park Station to the Top of the Village, 956ft, the highest number of feet that the brave New York first responders climbed inside the first tower of The World Trade Center. Following the walk, return to Town Park to enjoy food, drinks, yard games, and more, provided by Roaring Fork Fire Authority. The climb is free and open to the public; donations to the Axes and Arms Foundation are accepted and appreciated. www.gosnowmass.com/event/axes-and-arms-9-11-climb/
- Snowmass Wine Festival – September 17-18: Experience an incredible afternoon of food, flavors, sights, and sounds at the Snowmass Wine Festival, hosted by Rotary Club of Snowmass Village, on September 18. Returning for its 19th year, the festival features 20 tables of light food from local providers and 35 tables of wine vendors under the tent at Snowmass Town Park. Tickets are $105 / person in advance, and $115 / person at the gate. An Evening of Food and Wine, a wine pairing dinner at The Collective Snowmass, on September 17 at 6:00pm, is $120. All proceeds are used for scholarships, local, and international grants through Snowmass Rotary. www.SnowmassWineFestival.com
- Golden Leaf Half Marathon – September 18: Chosen by Trail Runner magazine as one of “America’s 14 Most Scenic Races” this classic trail running race from Snowmass to Aspen is an annual sell out that provides 980’ elevation gain and a 1,712’ descent over its 13.1 miles. aspenspecialevents.com/golden-leaf/
- Collegiate CU MTB Races – September 18-19: The University of Colorado’s mountain bike team takes over Snowmass Ski Area for a weekend of elite collegiate mountain biking amidst the stunning backdrop of changing aspen leaves. Events and competitions include short track, downhill, cross-country, and enduro, with plenty of spectating opportunities. www.gosnowmass.com/event/cu-snowmass/
- VIDA MTB Series Flagship Clinic – September 18-19: Supported by YETI Cycles, Yeti Cycles VIDA MTB Series presented by Shimano returns to Snowmass for the second of two clinics this summer. The VIDA MTB Series Flagship Clinics are two-day women’s only mountain bike clinics. The clinics provides women with the opportunity to increase their mountain biking confidence, learn new skills, and to connect with VIDA coaches on proper biking technique. www.vidamtb.com
- CO High School Cycling League – September 25-26: This fall, the Colorado High School Cycling League returns to Snowmass to host cross-country mountain bike races for over 1,000 student athletes from Colorado and New Mexico. coloradomtb.org
Ongoing Summer 2021 Events & Activations
- Snowmass Mountain Mission – Any Time: The Snowmass Mountain Mission is an app based, village-wide scavenger hunt designed to challenge creativity, test Snowmass knowledge, and enhance selfie skills. Download the Eventzee app from the App Store, enter an email, username and password, and the event code: Snowmass. Hit different point thresholds to win fun Snowmass prizes. www.gosnowmass.com/snowmass-mountain-mission/
- Snowmass Art Walk – Any Time: The free Snowmass Art Walk features Village-wide outdoor art installations including murals and sculptures that complement the beauty of Snowmass. The Snowmass Art Walk showcases the work of six local Roaring Fork Valley artists with walkable installations spread out between the Snowmass Mall, Snowmass Base Village, the Brush Creek Trail, and Anderson Ranch Arts Center. For the full map of these permanent installations, download the Eventzee app or visit www.gosnowmass.com/activity/snowmass-art-walk.
- The Collective Snowmass – Any Time: The Collective Snowmass, the hub for community activity in Snowmass Base Village, features a robust summer lineup of weekly programming including chess club, bingo night, and yoga with King Yoga. The Collective also features yard games, splash pads, fountains, and pop-up events. This summer visit the new Selfie Den, located adjacent to the Game Lounge. For a full calendar and fall hours, please visit www.TheCollectiveSnowmass.com.
- ACES Guided Hikes – through September 26: This summer, join a Naturalist from Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES) for a free, guided hike amongst the flowers and fields of Snowmass. Guests can choose to join the Wildflower Walk, which takes place at 10:00am on the Nature Trail, or the Ice Age Discovery Hike at 1:00pm on the Discovery Trail. Both hikes feature facts, tips, and trivia from a knowledgeable ACES Naturalist, as well as the chance to explore and get to know the flora and fauna of Snowmass. Hikes leave daily from the Ticket Pavilion on the Snowmass Mall, through September 6; Weekends only throughout September. www.gosnowmass.com/activity/aces-tours
- Elk Camp Gondola – through October 3: Enjoy a ride on the Elk Camp Gondola in Snowmass! Elk Camp Gondola gives access to the Lost Forest, Elk Camp Restaurant, and Snowmass Bike Park. Use Elk Camp as a base to ride 90+ miles of Snowmass trails, part of the Aspen Snowmass/ Roaring Fork Valley IMBA Gold-Level Ride Center, the only Gold-Level Ride Center in Colorado, only the 5th in United States, and the 7th in the world. Open daily through September 6. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday only through October 3. www.AspenSnowmass.com
For the full Summer 2021 Event Calendar, please visit www.gosnowmass.com/events.