Sun Valley Resort and Snowbasin Resort jointly announced today that both resorts will join the industry-leading Epic Pass in a multi-year alliance beginning with 2019-20 winter season, adding two new destinations to the world-class access found on the Epic Pass. Epic Pass holders will receive seven days of skiing or snowboarding with no restrictions at both resorts. Epic Local Pass holders will receive two days at each resort with minimal restrictions. Epic 7-Day pass holders can use any or all seven of their total days, with no blackouts, while Epic 4-Day pass holders can use any or all four of their total days of skiing and snowboarding with no restrictions at both resorts. Sun Valley is consistently ranked one of the top ski resorts in North America and Snowbasin is known as a great family-friendly destination, conveniently located near Salt Lake City.
- Sun Valley Resort and Snowbasin Resort join the Epic Pass, Epic Local, Epic 7-Day and Epic 4-Day passes beginning with the 2019-20 winter season in a multi-year alliance.
- Epic Pass holders will receive seven days of skiing or snowboarding with no restrictions at both Sun Valley and Snowbasin.
- Epic Local Pass holders receive two days at each resort with minimal restrictions.
- Epic 7-Day pass holders can use any or all of their seven days and Epic 4-Day pass holders can use any or all of their four days with no restrictions at both resorts.
- Epic, Epic Local, Epic 7-Day and Epic 4-Day pass holders will receive 50 percent off one-day window lift ticket prices after their respective days have been redeemed.
- The industry-leading Epic Pass features access to world-class mountain resorts throughout eight countries for the 2019-20 season, more than any other season pass in the world.
“Sun Valley is a four-season renowned mountain resort and provides visitors from around the world with diverse mountain experiences and world-class dining and shopping. Together with nearby Park City Mountain Resort, Snowbasin has an incredibly rich winter sports history and this expanded access provides two great options for Epic Pass holders in Utah,” said Kirsten Lynch, chief marketing officer of Vail Resorts.
"Snowbasin and Sun Valley are crown jewels of our family-owned businesses and we are always looking for new ways to provide outstanding service to our guests," noted Carol Holding, whose husband, Earl, bought Sun Valley in 1977. "As we remain committed to investing in and operating our properties for many years to come, this multi-year alliance with the Epic Pass will bring value to our pass holders and introduce more guests to our unique traditions."
“Sun Valley Resort is excited to participate in the Epic Pass starting next season,” stated Tim Silva, Sun Valley Resort’s Vice President and General Manager. “Sun Valley is one of the premier ski destinations in the country, and we welcome Epic Pass holders to our resort. This will offer a significant benefit to Epic Pass holders, Sun Valley and Snowbasin season pass holders, and our resort communities."
Sun Valley Resort, located in the mountains of Idaho, is known as the nation’s first destination ski resort and the location of the world’s first chairlift. Living up to its namesake, Sun Valley is a top choice for winter enthusiasts that prefer skiing or riding under blue bird skies. Perennially top-ranked for service, efficient lifts, grooming, and dining, Sun Valley is home to world-class on-mountain lodges and luxurious accommodations.
Snowbasin Resort, located in Utah, is one of the most accessible ski resorts in North America, less than 40 minutes from the Salt Lake City International Airport and only 50 minutes from Park City. Host venue of the downhill, combined (downhill and slalom), and super-G events during the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympics, Snowbasin offers outdoor enthusiasts championship-level skiing, with nearly 3,000 skiable acres, an average snowfall of 300 inches, and 3,000 vertical feet. Consistently recognized as one of the best family resorts in North America, Snowbasin offers top ranked snow sports instruction and convenient amenities. .