Long recognized as the unofficial kickoff for the upcoming ski and snowboard season, Ski Rex launches its annual pre-season sale beginning Labor Day weekend.
- The nation’s largest ski and snowboard sale is now Epic
- Discounts of up to 60 percent off last year’s equipment at six Front Range Epic Mountain Gear locations (formerly Colorado Ski & Golf)
- Epic Passes will be on sale offering access to 20 new resorts including Telluride and Crested Butte along with Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, and A-Basin, for a total of 65 resorts throughout eight countries for $899. Other options include the Epic Local Pass for $669, the Keystone A-Basin for $349, and the Keystone A-Basin 4-Pack for $219 through Sept. 3 at these prices
- Junior Trade Program offers savings of 50 percent on new or used junior equipment after first years’ trade in
- The Epic SchoolKids Colorado Pack provides free skiing and snowboarding for kids in kindergarten through fifth grade
Colorado Ski & Golf’s six Front Range locations in Aurora, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Littleton, Lone Tree, and Westminster were all recently re-branded to Epic Mountain Gear and will have closeout deals of up to 60 percent off on skis, snowboards, boots, outerwear, and accessories. The big, air-conditioned tent at the Aurora store location will be packed with close out deals, and for the first time, the newly renovated Westminster location is adding a tent in its parking lot to handle all of the inventory from top brands. Pricing will be the same at all locations. Ski Rex loyalists will also notice an updated look and new sunglasses on the beloved Ski Rex icon to complement the new brand.
This year’s Ski Rex sale kicks off on Friday Aug. 31 at 8 a.m. at all locations with discounted pricing available through Sunday, Sept. 16. Serious bargain hunters looking for first choice on top sale items can register online at www.epicmountaingear.com
to join the preferred customer program, which allows preferred customers and 2018/2019 Epic Pass holders to attend the early access sales event on Thursday, Aug. 30 before it opens to the general public. A Sale…and More
Ski Rex is also the ideal time for families to sign up for the Junior Trade Program to choose from the widest selection. The Junior Trade Program allows families to save 50 percent on kids’ new or used skis and snowboards. Families can purchase used gear starting at $99, or new gear for $199, plus $15 for a mandatory binding safety check and then bring it back the following season to trade for larger sizes starting at just $49. The process can be repeated season after season as long as the child can be fitted in youth-sized equipment. Junior Trade is a Colorado tradition and has been making equipment more affordable for young skiers and riders since 1983.
“Junior Trade remains a cornerstone program for many Colorado families so we have nearly doubled our supply of kid-sized equipment in recent years to better meet the growing demand for this affordable and flexible program,” explains Dustin Hunt, director of operations for Epic Mountain Gear. “Parents can opt for new or used equipment based on their budget and preferences while getting a great price on gear for their growing kids,” he added.
New this year, customers can show off their new gear for a chance to win a $200 Epic Mountain Gear gift card by sharing their photos on social media using the hashtag #IGotRexed. Photo opportunities available at all Front Range locations during Ski Rex.
All Ski Rex purchases include the Epic Mountain Gear guarantee of complete satisfaction. Ski Rex prices are guaranteed to be the lowest in the nation. If shoppers find a lower price on a sale item anywhere else, Epic Mountain Gear will beat it.